Squeaky bum time ups and downs ?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Longworth and Malcolm will take a bit of beating for best strike partnership in the league. One on 9 goals the other on 8.

Add the other 23 goals from other players and it looks like we've got a bit of firepower.

Unfortunately it's not shown the last two weeks.

Longworth and Malcolm will take a bit of beating for best strike partnership in the league. One on 9 goals the other on 8.

Add the other 23 goals from other players and it looks like we've got a bit of firepower.

Unfortunately it's not shown the last two weeks.

Early days but Caldwell and peaso look to be building a good partnership. With our past record I'm not confident one bit that we will win the league. If we do it'll be in spite of clueless Jim. I'd still like to see us sign An experienced central midfielder that will add a physical presence to the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the lad George's comment on twitter , "Dunfermline have the best squad in the league, we just need to win games and push on"

I wonder how many league one games he has watched this season.

Whilst i agree with you, i still can't shake this feeling that Dunfermline still have a few twists to give yet. Ie. they'll still come good..

We've still to go to EEP as well.

Whilst i agree with you, i still can't shake this feeling that Dunfermline still have a few twists to give yet. Ie. they'll still come good..

We've still to go to EEP as well.

Agree with that.

They have Brechin a couple of times, Forfar and Stranraer over the next few weeks. Win most of them and they are right back in it.

Easier said than done though!

Wouldn't rule out Peterhead either.

Morton have a strike force that I would be happy with in the championship should we get promoted. Likewise midfield with the addition of Tidser is not far away from good enough. Gaston is at least a championship standard keeper.

Our problems are in the back four. Kilday having been decent up to when he scored two against Stenny in November has hardly kicked a ball since. We just can't get a centre back pairing that works with O'Ware and Lamie being closest so far and at left back, Mark Russell is a lovely player on the ball going forward but the defensive side of his game is pretty weak both in ball winning and positionally. For me he is a left mid being played at fullback.

Watching highlights of the Forfar game graphically illustrates our defensive issues with the defence being posted absent on a few occasions when Forfar should have scored. On another day Forfar could easily have won that game.

We might win the league and we have as good a chance as anyone but if we do, we will do so by scoring more than we concede rather than keeping clean sheets. There's a lot of twists and turns to come though with a lot of dog eat dog going to go on.

Just seen the lad George's comment on twitter , "Dunfermline have the best squad in the league, we just need to win games and push on"

I understand what you're getting at here, but surely if Dunfermline's squad wasn't - on paper - the best squad in the league, then it'd be less surprising that we have performed so pishly?

Dunfermline did on paper have the best squad but only insofar as they signed a few players who were apparently the best in the previous year's league 1. That those players have only ever gained "fame" at that level tells you what you need to know.

He's hardly going to say "the squad is pish and we're going to finish 5th" though is he?

Archived