Squeaky bum time ups and downs ?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's hardly going to say "the squad is pish and we're going to finish 5th" though is he?

Why shouldn't he? You are pish, have gone through one dinosaur manager already this season with absolutely no improvement in your results, and are most likely to finish in the region of, erm, 5th.

I'm not sure why such a detachment from reality is something to be applauded as being the mark of a super-fan; rather than being treated as the view of a deluded moron, and laughed at accordingly.

Once we have Williamson back I'm pretty confident we can at least finish 4th. These games in hand against Brechin will decide if we can even make a play-off spot though. Need to win both the games.

I just really want this season over with. It's been an absolute nightmare.

Why shouldn't he? You are pish, have gone through one dinosaur manager already this season with absolutely no improvement in your results, and are most likely to finish in the region of, erm, 5th.

I'm not sure why such a detachment from reality is something to be applauded as being the mark of a super-fan; rather than being treated as the view of a deluded moron, and laughed at accordingly.

Oh, f**k off.

Next 3 weeks are vital for our season. Most of us seem to think 7 out of 9 is a must - I reckon we could get away with 6 from 9. Any less than that and I think we'd be out of the running for 1st place. Not confident about the game on Saturday against Brechin at all - they're on a fantastic run. I would take a draw right now.

It looks like Morton is the mode choice on this thread. However I've been more impressed by the Stranraer team this year and if they keep plugging away I think they'll beat Morton to the title. Forfar's form has been abysmal of late and I just can't see us pushing for the title.

It looks like Morton is the mode choice on this thread. However I've been more impressed by the Stranraer team this year and if they keep plugging away I think they'll beat Morton to the title. Forfar's form has been abysmal of late and I just can't see us pushing for the title.

You have won 3 of your last 4 games which is better than Stranraers recent form....

when you start off the season with two full time teams in the league, winning the title is a big ask. however getting into the play offs would make this an excellent season and i cant see why we shouldnt get there. whatever happens in the end, this season already has seen us at or near the top all off the way, so just lets see what happens.

Next 3 weeks are vital for our season. Most of us seem to think 7 out of 9 is a must - I reckon we could get away with 6 from 9. Any less than that and I think we'd be out of the running for 1st place. Not confident about the game on Saturday against Brechin at all - they're on a fantastic run. I would take a draw right now.

Not at all. 7 points would make us favourites for the league IMO. We could arguably get away with two points from nine; it would just leave us relying on either an excellent run in the last quarter or a lower winning tally than expected.

Losing to Stranraer would obviously be a disaster.

There will be a few squeaky bums at Forthbank on Saturday I'm sure. Lose and with 9 points to make up, The Bino's are down, win and it's game on for survival.

However I've been more impressed by the Stranraer team this year and if they keep plugging away I think they'll beat Morton to the title.

Just out of interest, when was the last time Stranraer graced the "First Division"? Was it the year of reconstruction when you "skipped 2 divisions"?

The "skipping two divisions" due to reconstruction was back in 1994. Stranraer were the only team promoted from the old 2nd division, whilst 5 teams were relegated from the old 1st to the new 2nd - Clyde, Brechin, Morton, Stirling and Dumbarton.

2005 was when Brechin and Stranraer were promoted together. The following season they introduced the playoffs, which Stranraer lost to Partick (and we lost to Peterhead).

Archived