Ayr United v Dunfermline Pathetic

Thing with Moffat is he has a quick turn of pace, once he loses half a yard he'll not be the same player

He pretty much had a free role at Ayr, most of the times he scored it came from spinning off a defender and outpacing everyone, he suffered a bit when playing fitter teams, he was barely involved in the 4 Rangers games last year for instance

Reid played him on the wing and he was poor, Roberts moved him back in to the middle and he started scoring again, it is almost as if imposing any kind of tactic or role on him had an adverse effect

I'm basing this on Roberts not imposing any tactics on anyone

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon Ayr will win this to be quite honest, Dunfermline were rank rotten last weekend and didn't really pose much of a threat for the majority of the game.

Quite a large possibility for 3 points :)

Don't talk nonsense. Dunfermline could and probably should have been 2 up against us before we got the finger out.

Sounds like DAFC aren't using him right.

He's a pure poacher - reasonably quick and plays well on the shoulder of the last defender, OK with the ball at his feet and running at people as well. He's definitely not a hard worker though.

Pretty sure Reid played him on the wing a lot when we were in the 1st division last (now Championship) and he was terrible there, completely anonymous.

I'd have him back like a shot, TBH.

The longer he went without scoring the deeper he would play. Was a confidence issue.

JP on Thursday:

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager_on_Thursday&ID=8280

Williamson - still out, roughly a month away

Wallace - had another set back :(

I'd go:

Scully

Millen

Buchanan

Martin

Paterson

Falkingham

McAusland

Stirling

Moffat

Whittle

Barrowman

Subs:

Goodfellow

Urquhart

Byrne

Spence

Thomson

Faissal

Smith

Tight game, both teams desperately need a win. 2-1 Pars I am going to predict. Barrowman and Moffat with the goals. COYP!

I thought the game at Somerset back in October was our turning point. Before it, you think "Ach, every team can start bad to a season" and we would kick on from that.

Just been a total free fall since.

No snow anywhere in Ayr, game is sure to be on, unless there is a massive snow storm just before kick off.

Surely what matters is how cold it is, rather than whether there's snow. Snow never sits in Ayr. That doesn't mean it can't be freezing.

Archived