Ayr United v Dunfermline Pathetic

Moffat was in his comfort zone at Ayr, he was exempt from almost all criticism because without him we'd currently be planning our next league trip to face Annan Athletic. With The Pars now being shite and whatnot, his shortcomings are being highlighted in a way that they never would have been at Ayr. He's out his comfort zone, but if I'd recommend Pars fans be patient with him. There is a reason he was nominated (and bloody well should have won) the League One POTY last season.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TO ALL DUNFERMLINE FANS TRAVELLING TO AYR ON SATURDAY JUST TO LET YOUS KNOW THE RIVER COTTAGE PUB HAS OPENED UPSTAIRS FOR AWAY FANS AND HOME FANS. ALL AWAY FANS WILL B MADE WELCOME PUB IS A FIVE TEN MINUTE WALK FROM THE GROUND

Moffat was in his comfort zone at Ayr, he was exempt from almost all criticism because without him we'd currently be planning our next league trip to face Annan Athletic. With The Pars now being shite and whatnot, his shortcomings are being highlighted in a way that they never would have been at Ayr. He's out his comfort zone, but if I'd recommend Pars fans be patient with him. There is a reason he was nominated (and bloody well should have won) the League One POTY last season.

Moff, like many, is a confidence player.

The fact he was our nominated penalty taker served to add to his goal tally which helped along the way. He has been seriously missed this season which is reflected in our league position.

Beattie is finished as a footballer unfortunately.

The Post doesnt make good reading to be fair. No new strikers or defenders in so its 3 at the back again. Probably go something like everytime Dunfermline go up the pitch theyll look like scoring , we will flood the midfield because were not that great in there, it gives us numbers in the middle and hopefully one of the five might stick a foot in or get in the way , stick Donnelly up front to run about aimlessly and pray that Forrest gives us a bit of magic in front of goal . Just another saturday at somerset im afraid. :( Mon Peterheid dae us a favour . :thumsup2

The Post doesnt make good reading to be fair. No new strikers or defenders in so its 3 at the back again. Probably go something like everytime Dunfermline go up the pitch theyll look like scoring , we will flood the midfield because were not that great in there, it gives us numbers in the middle and hopefully one of the five might stick a foot in or get in the way , stick Donnelly up front to run about aimlessly and pray that Forrest gives us a bit of magic in front of goal . Just another saturday at somerset im afraid. :( Mon Peterheid dae us a favour . :thumsup2

We were looking alright on Saturday just had no cutting edge up front. Donnelly clearly needs the ball played to his feet and some support, so hopefully McCall has noticed that and will try cut out the long aimless punts. Wouldn't be so pessimistic about this match, it's a very different Dunfermline to the sides we've faced previously. By all accounts they are on a slide at the moment, their form is in the gutter as well.

We're a win away from confidence returning.

We were looking alright on Saturday just had no cutting edge up front. Donnelly clearly needs the ball played to his feet and some support, so hopefully McCall has noticed that and will try cut out the long aimless punts. Wouldn't be so pessimistic about this match, it's a very different Dunfermline to the sides we've faced previously. By all accounts they are on a slide at the moment, their form is in the gutter as well.

We're a win away from confidence returning.

So are we. Apart from the Airdrie game, we 're creating plenty chances, just not putting them away. Maybe Saturday it'll all come together.......who knows.

So are we. Apart from the Airdrie game, we 're creating plenty chances, just not putting them away. Maybe Saturday it'll all come together.......who knows.

Thought we created enough chances to win against Airdrie, as did Airdrie that day. Both teams felt they should have won.

Not confident going into this whatsoever, Dunfermline have been our bogey team for a number of years. However McCall has us playing a decent style of football and we might be able to sneak a win. If we win our next three games we will be fine from relegation imo.

2-1 Ayr, Forrest and Donald to score with Moff getting one for Pars

Not confident going into this whatsoever, Dunfermline have been our bogey team for a number of years. However McCall has us playing a decent style of football and we might be able to sneak a win. If we win our next three games we will be fine from relegation imo.

2-1 Ayr, Forrest and Donald to score with Moff getting one for Pars

Lol Wut?

What's happened to Moffat by the way???

Based on the limited times I've seen Moffat play for Ayr and Dunfy against us, it seems to me that not only is he out of form, he's out of his comfort zone with Dunfy.

At Ayr (against us anyway) he was very much an out and out centre forward and, despite not being massive in height, a relatively strong target man.

With Dunfy, he's dropping too deep looking for the ball and more than once I've seen him on the wings. Whether that's Dunfy's tactics or it's symptomatic of Moffat being desperate to make an impression, I don't know. Whatever it is, it aint working.

Moff, like many, is a confidence player.

The fact he was our nominated penalty taker served to add to his goal tally which helped along the way. He has been seriously missed this season which is reflected in our league position.

Beattie is finished as a footballer unfortunately.

Please, please, take him back.

Based on the limited times I've seen Moffat play for Ayr and Dunfy against us, it seems to me that not only is he out of form, he's out of his comfort zone with Dunfy.

At Ayr (against us anyway) he was very much an out and out centre forward and, despite not being massive in height, a relatively strong target man.

With Dunfy, he's dropping too deep looking for the ball and more than once I've seen him on the wings. Whether that's Dunfy's tactics or it's symptomatic of Moffat being desperate to make an impression, I don't know. Whatever it is, it aint working.

Sounds like DAFC aren't using him right.

He's a pure poacher - reasonably quick and plays well on the shoulder of the last defender, OK with the ball at his feet and running at people as well. He's definitely not a hard worker though.

Pretty sure Reid played him on the wing a lot when we were in the 1st division last (now Championship) and he was terrible there, completely anonymous.

I'd have him back like a shot, TBH.

Archived