Partick Thistle v St Mirren 30/01/15

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B8cjI0bCYAEcJYY.jpg

Archibald looks excited about the game.

He looks there like he could be a relative of Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights - appropriate considering when this game is being played.

Fuxake. Talk about an untimely photo opp. Insert mountain-related metaphor for the rest of our season here ---> <---

Driven up the wall by Thistle from time-to-time.

I think Ad Lib's team will be the 1 Archie goes with. I much prefer Fraser in beside Osman to Bannigan though.

Likewise. I suppose Richards-Everton or Finnie will be on the bench now that Lindsay has headed out to Airdrie. The Finnie signing suggests McMillan could be on the way out of Firhill. Shame.

Apart from Ad Lib's team needing more Fraser and less Osman that's our strongest line up.

I'd hope that they're up for it. I've had enough disappointment already this season.

I think Archie will stick with Osman because of the physicality of the St Mirren midfield, even though a pairing with Fraser and Bannigan might be more likely to cut them open. He'll persevere with Bannigan because by all accounts he had a decent game at Rugby Park and Fraser will probably be benched because he's still coming back from illness and is more likely to be a good impact player to change the game after an hour than the other two.

I think Archie will stick with Osman because of the physicality of the St Mirren midfield, even though a pairing with Fraser and Bannigan might be more likely to cut them open. He'll persevere with Bannigan because by all accounts he had a decent game at Rugby Park and Fraser will probably be benched because he's still coming back from illness and is more likely to be a good impact player to change the game after an hour than the other two.

Whit!?

From Archie's interview on the official site it sounds like Elliott is out, which makes Booth in even more of a no-brainer- only decision to make is who plays alongside Osman in midfield- I'd go Fraser but think Archie will go with Bannigan.

We've got to overcome some hurdles to win this

- the record between the teams recently which massively favours the away team

- our inability to win more than one game in a calendar month

- the game being on TV, think we are still waiting for a win in a league TV game at Firhill on non-freeview TV (i.e. BT or Sky, beat Morton on Alba)

- one of our players (Fraser) talking about the top 6 and saying how good the football we play is.

I wasn't at the Killie game but I'm still surprised some are wanting Osman on the bench. He's a guaranteed starter for me every day. Personally would go with him and Fraser, then swap Fraser for Banzo later on if we have a lead.

Very much going into this one reckoning we'll lose. Being pessimistic going to Firhill usually makes wins significantly sweeter.

From Archie's interview on the official site it sounds like Elliott is out, which makes Booth in even more of a no-brainer- only decision to make is who plays alongside Osman in midfield- I'd go Fraser but think Archie will go with Bannigan.

We've got to overcome some hurdles to win this

- the record between the teams recently which massively favours the away team

- our inability to win more than one game in a calendar month

- the game being on TV, think we are still waiting for a win in a league TV game at Firhill on non-freeview TV (i.e. BT or Sky, beat Morton on Alba)

- one of our players (Fraser) talking about the top 6 and saying how good the football we play is.

also forgot the North Stand initiative- any time we try and make an effort to get a bigger crowd the players normally forget to turn up. We did win the Dunfermline and Morton games in 2012/13 but they were big crowds just by being big games.

also forgot the North Stand initiative- any time we try and make an effort to get a bigger crowd the players normally forget to turn up. We did win the Dunfermline and Morton games in 2012/13 but they were big crowds just by being big games.

Wasn't Dunfermline the 'wear your colours' day because we were going to be wearing red and yellow for the 1st time that season?

That's the first game the club promoted to try and get a big crowd along that I can remember the team turning up for.

Wasn't Dunfermline the 'wear your colours' day because we were going to be wearing red and yellow for the 1st time that season?

That's the first game the club promoted to try and get a big crowd along that I can remember the team turning up for.

Yeah, forgot about that. Maybe that's one less hoodoo to overcome.

Archived