Cowdenbeath v Queens

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the job after looking ordinary up to the first goal. Crap weather, crap pitch and crap players made the first half unbearable. But then queens stepped it up a gear with the help of some laughable defending, the fourth goal was a really good team goal and was the highlight of the game. Probably one of worst penalty decisions of the season though

When Lewis Kidd starts nutmegging players you know that you aren't very good. A lot too be worried about for Cowden fans.

I thought Paton looked a lot better second half and Gavin took his chance we'll after just about nothing going his way the first half. Encouraging signs for Millar too.

I thought Fowler got it right tactically with Cowdenbeath lacking real pace at the back. Good to see some flexibility rather than living and dying on one formation.

I actually like Central Park, it is no doubt awful but it's better than an East Fife's one stand monstrosity or a 1/10th full Airdrie. It's pretty cool this year going from Ibrox and tynecastle too this.

Agree with pretty much all of this. Was really impressed with Millar and McShane in the middle in particular. Millar had a number of decent shots on goal and looked very composed on the ball. Agree about Paton. Awful in the first half, excellent in the 2nd.

Cowden were pretty awful and only Oyenuga vaguely impressed me at times. The stadium is awful. Such a shame the home and away support are out of sight from each other as that spoils the atmosphere. Still though despite the freezing cold and awful view the Queens fans made a great amount of noise. The programme is absolutely superb aswell.

Agree with pretty much all of this. Was really impressed with Millar and McShane in the middle in particular. Millar had a number of decent shots on goal and looked very composed on the ball. Agree about Paton. Awful in the first half, excellent in the 2nd.

Cowden were pretty awful and only Oyenuga vaguely impressed me at times. The stadium is awful. Such a shame the home and away support are out of sight from each other as that spoils the atmosphere. Still though despite the freezing cold and awful view the Queens fans made a great amount of noise. The programme is absolutely superb aswell.

Thought exactly the same about Kidd.

Thanks for that glad you liked it :thumsup2

Thought exactly the same about Kidd.

Agree totally - tbf he had a good second half; the best I've seen him play. When the teams were announced, I couldn't fathom why he was starting ahead of at least 3 players on the bench but he did a good job after the interval.

Okay it was shite, not sure what you want fans on a messageboard to do? It's been acknowledged but explained there had to be segregation in place.

Yes, its tiresome. We all know jut how crap it is, so the solution is to give it a body swerve. Quite simple really.

Yes, its tiresome. We all know jut how crap it is, so the solution is to give it a body swerve. Quite simple really.

Fair comment.

Edit to add not a dig at Cowdenbeath. Just to say we knew what we were going to.

The stewards were good albeit we could have been allowed to move a little earlier. Stewards at many another club would just have ignored our request.

The worst thing for me today was the sense of resignation i felt when Queens scored their second goal. You could see that our players knew that they were beaten and had little idea of how they could possibly turn the game around. No fight and no determination to be seen.

Jimmy is a lovely guy and I think that has possibly become the problem. We need to fight for our lives here and scrap for every ball. Instead I see powderpuff tackles, slack passing, a lack of grit and sense of purpose. No leadership on the park either.

I'm fed up of the punching above our weight line and how we should be enjoying playing such big teams for a few months. Im not going to keep turning up and watching us get completely pumped. It is depressing in the extreme. I'm not expecting us to slaughter Hearts but I do want to go to games with some hope of us doing something and creating a few chances at least.

I didn't want to go to the game today and that worries me most of all.

Mcshanes goal was a thing of beauty, the play and the finish. Delighted with result and others good day all round compared to last week. Well done to fowler, credits where it's due he had the balls to change it and it worked an absolute treat. We were in control first without doing much damage then second half we were totally dominant. Back three were pretty solid, holty was reliable as ever, I don't rate kidd but second half he was decent. Mcshane had a good game, Miller yet again impressed me... Very rarely loses the ball. Thought gav had a quieter game, tan man...enough said, God.

The worst thing for me today was the sense of resignation i felt when Queens scored their second goal. You could see that our players knew that they were beaten and had little idea of how they could possibly turn the game around. No fight and no determination to be seen.

Jimmy is a lovely guy and I think that has possibly become the problem. We need to fight for our lives here and scrap for every ball. Instead I see powderpuff tackles, slack passing, a lack of grit and sense of purpose. No leadership on the park either.

I'm fed up of the punching above our weight line and how we should be enjoying playing such big teams for a few months. Im not going to keep turning up and watching us get completely pumped. It is depressing in the extreme. I'm not expecting us to slaughter Hearts but I do want to go to games with some hope of us doing something and creating a few chances at least.

I didn't want to go to the game today and that worries me most of all.

Agree with you about the "punching above our weight line" as if it's an excuse. We are where we are by right. We showed against Forfar that we are a bit better than the first division teams. We have the players to survive in this league but the way we play seems baffling at times.

Playing against. a team like Queens with only two effective defenders was never going to get us a win.

Reflecting on the result, Cowdenbeath and the fans may be regretting the work done to get this game on, especially considering the sad events off-field during the past week. Very well done to them anyway. As for those moaning about the views and seating arrangements, as others have said, unless you are a first time attender you should know what the stadium and surface is like. I have been critical of it myself but maybe a sense of reality, or more likely because we came away with a good win, has softened my approach. As for the game itself, Queens took a long time to get into their stride and the first 40 mins were probably best looked at from restricted views. The first goal came at the ideal time,just before the break and we came out in determined mood after half-time. I doubt if any fans from either side will disagree that it was a justified result and long overdue against a team that has "owned" us in recent meetings. Well done to "Tan Man", an overwhelming MoM winner on the Travel Club buses, but solid performances also by McShane, Millar (getting better with every game), Kidd (2nd half anyway) and Paton. Gav looked a bit fed-up early on but his goal put a spark back in his game. Cowden's keeper had a couple of good saves, but the usually reliable Wedderburn failed to impress as he normally does. Nish had the expected impact that we know he is capable of (zilch), and Cowden's prima-donna No. 11, don't know his name, seemed to be looking for a foul or opponent's being booked every time they went near him.

A good win in the end and back up to 4th so a good morale boost ahead of the visit of St. Johnstone.

Was answering a qos fans question as to who was 11 and why he was always looking for fouls. Wasnt commenting on how good a player he is as im undecided.

but even if he is superb theres a fair chance his loan to us will do more harm than good.

Forgot to mention it a couple of things earlier.

Firstly good to see that both sets of supporters were impeccable in their observation of the minutes silence before the kick off.

Secondly I was disappointed to again see there was nobody helping Fowler and the sub's just passed balls between themselves at halftime, very amateurish. Where was the sports guy again, has he left?

Archived