Kilmarnock January Transfer window

I know where you are coming from QLP, But, if rumours are to be believed we already have a fractious dressing room at the moment. What we really need is a goal-scorer who can play as part of a 2 with Big Josh or on his own with McKenzie behind. We don't have the players to mix it up and MAC would be someone who could allow us to change our system. (at the very least he'd comfortably accommodate our current system of Samson lumping the ball up the middle!

It would certainly be a risk, but I'm not sure whether it's one that would be worth taking. I'd personally like to see us go back to playing Magennis as the lone striker, with McKenzie and Obadeyi as wide forwards, and Eremenko behind pulling the strings. You know, like how we were playing at the start of the season when we were winning games, Allan?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would certainly be a risk, but I'm not sure whether it's one that would be worth taking. I'd personally like to see us go back to playing Magennis as the lone striker, with McKenzie and Obadeyi as wide forwards, and Eremenko behind pulling the strings. You know, like how we were playing at the start of the season when we were winning games, Allan?

It's a tough one with the squad we have. I've been an advocate of dropping Eremenko for a while and particularly in that system. When he plays there teams tend to play a high line against us and the wingers drop inside to fill the vacuum made by Eremenko's lack of pace, (effort). It sounds ridiculous to drop your best player but Obi and Rory have terrific pace which they can only utilise if the middle is covered. I'd actually play McKenzie in the hole with Slater and A N Other behind. McKenzie has pace to burn and teams couldn't play a high line with him on the shoulder, (he's also much better if he doesn't have to cut in from the right onto his weaker left). Give Obi a free role to switch right to left. Also, Eremenko makes a brilliant sub when you are goal or two up!

Eremenko played his best football at the club when he had pacy players round about him. If McKenzie and Obadeyi are constantly dropping inside then that's because the manager is telling them to. The combination of a gifted playmaker in the middle and two or three pacy attacking players in front of him should be deadly, but unfortunately what is happening is that those middle players are often being missed out and the ball is going long instead.

Eremenko played his best football at the club when he had pacy players round about him. If McKenzie and Obadeyi are constantly dropping inside then that's because the manager is telling them to. The combination of a gifted playmaker in the middle and two or three pacy attacking players in front of him should be deadly, but unfortunately what is happening is that those middle players are often being missed out and the ball is going long instead.

No. He played his best football when the hole he left was guarded properly. Players like Kelly are who we miss the most. Just watch us now any time Losa plays, the centre halves of the opposing team are almost on the half way line because they know where to apply pressure. When we lose the ball, look at the time and space there is in the middle. A Liam Kelly wouldn't let that happen. Also, when Eremenko was at the height of his powers we had a predominantly left footed striker who enjoyed cutting in from the left. It made Eremenko's favoured disguised reverse pass work. Unfortunately we don't have the players for that trick any more.

We still have the players to guard the "hole" left behind him. Clingan isn't too dissimilar a player to Kelly, and the likes of Slater and Hamill are both solid options for the two defensive midfield roles too. Sammon wasn't left-footed.

We still have the players to guard the "hole" left behind him. Clingan isn't too dissimilar a player to Kelly, and the likes of Slater and Hamill are both solid options for the two defensive midfield roles too. Sammon wasn't left-footed.

Sorry. Meant to say right footed but played on the left to cut in. I like Clingan but he has nowhere near the pace or tenacity of Kelly. Very different players. Clingan holds the ball and picks a pass, Kelly hassled and harried and covered every blade of grass. Slater is more similar to Kelly. Hamill definitely cannot play this role. He has absolutely no pace and is too much of a liability with the ball.

We NEED a striker in from a free agent. Yes he will probably be shit but we need one.

Either that give McKenzie upfront. He looked impressive pre season and it looked as if he was going to become our main Striker. His finishing and end product isn't great, but he's no worse than the other Strikers and his all round play is better.

We NEED a striker in from a free agent. Yes he will probably be shit but we need one.

Either that give McKenzie upfront. He looked impressive pre season and it looked as if he was going to become our main Striker. His finishing and end product isn't great, but he's no worse than the other Strikers and his all round play is better.

Im sure that Tope can also play upfront.

His all round play might be better but with the hoofball you insist on playing Magennis is the better option.

Ngoo out for the season and Miller out for a month.

I can see us in a 4-4-2 now with Wee Messi on the right and McKenzie with Josh.

Josh

McKenzie

Obi Slater Clingan Ironic Messi

Chantler Pasca(Ashcfoft) Connolly Westlife

Hoofer

Not exactly inspiring is it?

Archived