Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian, 31/01/2015

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon we'll bounce back and win comfortably. Some of our attacking build up play was excellent today despite the result and Alloa aren't as good going forward as Falkirk. Add that to us wanting a reaction I think we'll win by at least two clear goals.

I'm expecting a rocket up the teams collective farter after today's showing and a convincing victory to nip the "burst bubble" nonsense in the bud.

I don't think anybody has managed a convincing victory over us at the Recs so far this season. 2-1 win over Hibs in the league and 2-1 defeat against them in the cup. 1-1 draw with Rangers, 3-2 win and 1-0 defeat and the 1-0 defeat against Hearts. That was one of the most frustrating days of the season for me as we created the better chances and in the last 10 minutes Hearts were hanging on for a 0-0 yet managed to escape with a 1-0 win. We will probably never get a better chance to beat them and it would have been great to have managed a victory against each of the three big clubs over the season.

Have to feel that Hearts losing yesterday probably reduces our chances even further as they will be really determined to bounce back with a win. The key for us is to stay in the game for as long as possible. An early goal and we will be in trouble, the game at Tynecastle was basically damage limitation after half an hour and was easily the best performance I've seen against Alloa this season. We have done well at the Recs though and if we get the kind of performance the boys have delivered in the other matches against the big three then Hearts will at least need to work hard for their victory.

No idea how we'll react to the defeat today but I'd expect a vastly improved performance next week.

Hearts win. I'll take any sort of win right now.

Give Gomis a shake up re. the defending and get McGhee warming the bench. His penalty tackle was a joke. WTF was he thinking about?

Hopefully after getting two goals tonight and setting up another Isaac can make his debut on Saturday. I don't think he's match fit to play the full game but would make a impact with his pace and skill from the bench. Pity I'm working this weekend as I'm keen to see how he will get on. Hopefully he can link up well with Buchanan. Weatherston played the full 90 mins as well and had a good game and is another option for Saturday.

2-1 Simmons & Layne.

don't like the idea of playing them the weekend after their first loss. Hopefully we can get a look at layne though and if layne looks good it'll maybe inspire Barry to try some of the other youths. With rumors of meggat on his way out at the end of the season I think Lewis Wilson should get 1 or 2 games to feel the first team experience. The strikers aren't scoring and hynd scores pretty much every week in the development league. Fling him on last 15 in a few games and see glen he gets on.

Good to see carrick back playing, with zeefiuk and keatings on good goal scoring form, sow getting back to fitness also, I really have no concerns about us bouncing back from Saturday. Felt a bit sorry for keatings playing the lone role before zeefiuk signed as it's not his forte. Nice to have options up top again as we have struggled a bit in that department over the last month or two.

Archived