Dundee FC Vs Hamilton Academical

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't class Stewart as a midfielder. I've already noted McGowan, the rest is just laughable tbh. McAlister and Davidson ffs.

Stewart has been playing most games on the left side of midfield - class him as you like but that is been what he has been doing. The stats for when Thomson has played is the only laughable bit. Ok stats don't mean everything but I just think you have an extremely clouded judgement based on what he did in the past. Davo played 8 league games, won 5, drawn 2 and lost one - Thomson would love that kind of record with us.

This is an article from the Daily Record about Stewart from three years ago. He talks about how he was freed by Hearts as a kid just when he was hoping to go full time. They thought he had a lot of ability but was too small. He was so disillusioned he gave up football for a year. I wonder how many other kids with as much talent are lost forever from the game. It doesn't say much about our youth development. I wonder how Stewart would have fared if he'd been Dutch, German or Spanish.

This is an article from the Daily Record about Stewart from three years ago. He talks about how he was freed by Hearts as a kid just when he was hoping to go full time. They thought he had a lot of ability but was too small. He was so disillusioned he gave up football for a year. I wonder how many other kids with as much talent are lost forever from the game. It doesn't say much about our youth development. I wonder how Stewart would have fared if he'd been Dutch, German or Spanish.

Ali Crawford was released from hearts as a kid aswell

It's fucking mental. Absolutely batshit mental.

Some people prefer different types of players. I personally think Thomson is an excellent player. He keeps possession, plays the easy pass, can also play defence splitting passes. McBride is similar to Thomson but the latter is obviously a lot superior.

Thomson is a good player but has already missed half our games this season. If he was a prolific goal scorer, providing lots of assists or was a match winner every time he played then I would almost accept him playing 50% of our games. But he really doesn't offer anything near enough to warrant such a high wage with so little game time.

We need to spend our resources on fit, young hungry players similar to those who are providing success for teams like the Dabs and Hamilton. We need to find more Greg Stewarts and stop wasting our money on Kevin Thomsons.

Thomson is a good player but has already missed half our games this season. If he was a prolific goal scorer, providing lots of assists or was a match winner every time he played then I would almost accept him playing 50% of our games. But he really doesn't offer anything near enough to warrant such a high wage with so little game time.

We need to spend our resources on fit, young hungry players similar to those who are providing success for teams like the Dabs and Hamilton. We need to find more Greg Stewarts and stop wasting our money on Kevin Thomsons.

^^^ this

I have been impressed by Thomson though - during his brief game time. I'd also say Davo is more effective player than he gets credit for.

We've just too many MOT failures - it probably goes some way to explaining our inconsistency - too many enforced changes due to injuries.

Ali Crawford is fucking woeful. Andreu, you have a case.

He's came on leaps and bounds this season and has popped up with some huge goals (2 vs Motherwell, 2 vs St Mirren and, of course, the winner at Parkhead). Always gives 100%, makes some great runs from midfield and his passing's great most is the time too. Dundee tend to try and overrun the midfield in the games against us and he usually gets fazed out but I thought he did well yesterday.

McGowan flattered to deceive when he was with us and always wanted to do everything himself, he seems to have matured and certainly looks a better player now.Would still prefer Andreu and Crawford although he is probably better than the others we have.

Archived