Griffiths Arrested

It depends what you mean by 'square goes'. I'm unfamiliar with that expression. It if involves using a pen to draw the shape of a square, before writing a few witty insults within that square, I'll happily lay down the gauntlet and take you up on that offer. If things get a bit heated, we can employ Ad Lib as an umpire to judge our respective retorts and strongly advise us to back down if circumstances get out of hand.

That would be a bit of a bizarre thing for her to say. She's quite a strange woman though.

To make it plain, any more of your obscene and discriminatory slurs on fans of clubs below the premier league will result in me unplugging your life sustaining machinery, and throbber punching you in the nose. Just so you know.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on. TRS is so hard he goes to Paisley for his holidays.

Good point, my man. I bet they're pretty scared of me now. Smart thinking. You can be my tag-team partner.

If they weren't fearful enough already, I also think it's time to let them know that I won the Cup of Kindness three times during primary school. And you know the old expression.. You can kill people with kindness.

Good point, my man. I bet they're pretty scared of me now. Smart thinking. You can be my tag-team partner.

If they weren't fearful enough already, I also think it's time to let them know that I won the Cup of Kindness three times during primary school. And you know the old expression.. You can kill people with kindness.

Works for me. Have you seen Nacho Libre? Could be us.

It doesnt really make sense as he was never a refugee as Czech Republic is hardly a country on its arse? If he was from Kosovo etc then maybe but it just makes the supporters who sing this look silly?

The point is that knucklehead racists don't think about socio-economic factors but assume that Eastern Europe = Poor and everyone is suffering, thus they come over as 'refugees'. Are racists and bigots immune from things because they use incorrect terminology?

Of course, the Czech Republic isn't even 'Eastern' Europe anyway. Greetings from the refugee part of Europe!

Riordan and the idiot Hibs fans assumed that Skacel was Lithuanian, because almost every Hearts' Johnny Foreigner player at that time was from that country. It certainly wouldn't be a tasteful chant in that context, but at least it would have an edge to it which would make sense. As Rudi says, Edinburgh is just a little (far more expensive, less attractive) Prague. Even Hradec Kralove is nicer than any city in Scotland outside Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Derek Riordan and a wider constituency of Hibs fans are cretins: a shocking revelation, obviously.

The constituency of Hibs fans who you'll ever find singing that these days really isn't very wide at all. A Venn diagram of them and the folk queuing outside The Roseburn with a carryout at 8am would pretty much be one circle.

It doesnt really make sense as he was never a refugee as Czech Republic is hardly a country on its arse? If he was from Kosovo etc then maybe but it just makes the supporters who sing this look silly?

Griffiths played at Hibs with an actual Kosovar refugee, Shefki Kuqi. It makes supporters who sing it more than look silly, it makes them total idiots on a whole bunch of levels.

If this is all the Police have to do maybe they should have their budgets cut again.

A caution would have sufficed in this silly incident. Heard much worse yesterday from those "wild" Inverness fans abusing a former player but no police charging in to sort them out.

The point is that knucklehead racists don't think about socio-economic factors but assume that Eastern Europe = Poor and everyone is suffering, thus they come over as 'refugees'. Are racists and bigots immune from things because they use incorrect terminology?

Of course, the Czech Republic isn't even 'Eastern' Europe anyway. Greetings from the refugee part of Europe!

You're right enough! I just think its ridiculous and makes them all look like morons but that is obviously a given!

Prague is lovely i agree, think Edinburgh does rival it though

Archived