Griffiths Arrested

Before today's game and cautioned under OBAFM act.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-30965522

Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths has been arrested in connection with an incident at a pub.

The 24-year-old Scotland international was charged and cautioned with an offence under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act.

The charge relates to an incident at a pub in Edinburgh last year.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: "We can confirm that a 24-year-old man has been arrested and charged."

The arrest came before Griffiths played for Celtic in their SPFL match against Ross County in Dingwall on Saturday afternoon.

The club declined to comment.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, the Rudi Skacel chant. There's no need for Celtic to make a statement as they have already made their views on racism very clear. As they have said many times before, racism has no place in football and as a Club which has been open to all ever since its formation in 1888, Celtic abhors racism of any kind.

Clearly, Leigh Griffiths continues to have their full support.

I think the Hibs fans reasoning (and I use that word broadly) was that he's an immigrant from Eastern Europe so he must be an asylum seeker.

It doesnt really make sense as he was never a refugee as Czech Republic is hardly a country on its arse? If he was from Kosovo etc then maybe but it just makes the supporters who sing this look silly?

Most guys that spend their hard earned cash going along to the football would do anything to have the skill and opportunity to be a professional footballer. Sadly there are still some that have that skill and opportunity who manage to screw it up by being dickheads.

It doesnt really make sense as he was never a refugee as Czech Republic is hardly a country on its arse? If he was from Kosovo etc then maybe but it just makes the supporters who sing this look silly?

If I was a barman in Prague on the stag party circuit I'd be begging for refugee status pronto. Might not choose here though.

Most guys that spend their hard earned cash going along to the football would do anything to have the skill and opportunity to be a professional footballer. Sadly there are still some that have that skill and opportunity who manage to screw it up by being dickheads.

Disgraceful stuff indeed, a footballer singing along with fans.

If I was a barman in Prague on the stag party circuit I'd be begging for refugee status pronto. Might not choose here though.

Well i would just like to know why its offensive as he was never a refugee, i was assuming he was from somewhere that was torn by poverty but i don't think he was!

Archived