Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Did anyone else pick up on the nice little "insider" when Saul got into his battered yellow motor which was sitting beside the white Cadillac that we're more used to seeing him run about in?

Enjoyed the first two episodes and looking forward to seeing how it plays out. I've started re-watching the odd episode of Breaking Bad and it's easy to forget some of Saul's throwaway lines that could now be investigated in BCS, particularly the money laundering schemes he mentioned when Walt and Skyler were discussing the laser tag/car wash.

Jambo-Rocker already touched on this - they seem to be painting Saul in a similar light as they did with Walt; he seems a world away from the BB version at the moment so looking forward to seeing how he evolves.

Finally, I'm very intrigued to see how they tie Mike into the whole story - because with Mike, comes Fring.

I always thought Jesse already knew Saul.

99% sure he says he knows of him because of the ads, and because he got Crazy Eight out a tight situation once upon a time - indeed, perhaps it was when Jesse sneaked out the house right at the very start of Breaking Bad. with Walt on the ridealong. It was never mentioned exactly when Saul helped Crazy Eight.

Really enjoyed the first few episodes. An honest (ish) lawyer trying to make his own way in the world but ultimately failing. Now the dodgy chances are presenting themselves so youu get the impression Saul will get the taste for the cash and keep going. Would be great if this could run for a few seasons right into Breaking Bad territory with Walt & Jesse coming back as main characters.

The flashforward at the very beginning was great too. Shows that like Walt, the reality of the crimes really hit Saul. I reckon we might see Fring before the end of the season... Goodman did already know of him, of course....

Another great episode, I'm enjoying the building of the relationship with Mike and looking forward to where they go from here. The final 10 minutes or so were outstanding. What will Jimmy do now? Go through with leading them back to the police? Ask for a cut then leave them alone? Use this situation to blackmail them into hiring him as their lawyer? Very interesting stuff.

BCS definitely getting better week on week.

Whilst it's a fantastic show in it's own right, there's a kind of comfy nostalgia to be had from scenes like the view from inside the glass as the cucumber water was poured, or Saul driving along a street of Walter White-esque houses. Little nods, but definitely it's own show.

LOVE it.

Far better than I anticipated. Absolutely love this! Favourite episode has to be the second one with Jimmy and Tuco haggling over the fate of the skateboarders. Followed by "I bargained you down from a death sentence to six months probation. I'm the best lawyer ever". Brilliant.