Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Spoiler

Anyone notice the similarity between Kim pre car crash (a couple of seasons back) and Kim in the lead-up to the U-turn?

Spoiler

I also think Cliff Main might be Skinny Pete's dad. Pete seems quite articulate and probably from a prosperous background, and has musical talent as does Cliff.

There are suggestions that Kai might be the latest to confront Lalo in Germany, though I'm not sure about that one.

Edited by Sixtyten

Jesus H Christ. Sensational.

Spoiler

I felt pretty sure that Howard would die in this episode, but not in that manner. Savage. Also, the fact that we hadn’t actually seen any of Lalo’s killings up until this point meant that it had an even greater impact. So so well done.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm half way through season 2 and this is still utter shit. What point should i jump to for it to be good?

I wouldn’t jump to any point as you won’t understand what’s going on and the major plotlines won’t mean anything to you. Do you read the final chapter of a book before the rest of it? This obviously isn’t the show for you, so I’d suggest that you jump to another one.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm half way through season 2 and this is still utter shit. What point should i jump to for it to be good?

I think that you should go back to the start and put your sensible head on. One of the best series ever. I know a lot of people say that it’s better than Breaking Bad, but not quite for me.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

I wouldn’t jump to any point as you won’t understand what’s going on and the major plotlines won’t mean anything to you. Do you read the final chapter of a book before the rest of it? This obviously isn’t the show for you, so I’d suggest that you jump to another one.

Surely the final chapter of this book is "breaking bad", which i have read and quite enjoyed. 

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think that you should go back to the start and put your sensible head on. One of the best series ever. I know a lot of people say that it’s better than Breaking Bad, but not quite for me.

Not feeling it. Law firm internal politics doesn't have quite the drama of a mobile meth lab for me. 

Someone said on here before that it improves dramatically, but if this is all there is, i'm out. Enjoy it though. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Surely the final chapter of this book is "breaking bad", which i have read and quite enjoyed. 

Well no, it has been released in this order for a reason. BCS wouldn’t have the same impact without Breaking Bad coming before it. Also, there are scenes in BCS which come after the BB timeline, so if anything, this is the final chapter.

15 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Jesus H Christ. Sensational.

Reveal hidden contents

I felt pretty sure that Howard would die in this episode, but not in that manner. Savage. Also, the fact that we hadn’t actually seen any of Lalo’s killings up until this point meant that it had an even greater impact. So so well done.

Shite, I knew I shouldn’t have clicked on that, but I couldn’t help myself. I can’t watch this episode until my wife gets home from work.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not feeling it. Law firm internal politics doesn't have quite the drama of a mobile meth lab for me. 

Someone said on here before that it improves dramatically, but if this is all there is, i'm out. Enjoy it though. 

Fair enough. I know a lot of people think me and my wife are weird because we can’t stand Mrs Brown’s Boys...and Keith Lemon...and Jimmy Carr...and Alan Carr...our list is endless.

33 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Shite, I knew I shouldn’t have clicked on that, but I couldn’t help myself. I can’t watch this episode until my wife gets home from work.

Ahhh I’m sorry, man. I feel bad 😭 Something similar happened to me earlier in the season and it was a bit of a gutter. 

Edited by The Real Saints

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Urgh! Why not just wait a couple of years and watch some clips on YT. If you're not enjoying it why would you "jump" and get to unsatisfactory, unearned "good" bits?

That's just completely mental and alien to me! 

Anyway.....CHRIST! 

Poor, poor b*****d! I'm glad he got his morality speech in which surely had some impact on Jimmy and Kim despite them playing dumb. Odenkirk was sensational from the moment the candle blew to the end, talk about your eye-acting, conveyed the absolute horror perfectly.

Glad that there is a move away from Mike being this omnipresent superhero in this universe too, as he usually is. In fact it's almost his slip up that allows this. Not considering Lalo connecting the dots with the phone tap, buying the fake 2nd call to Hector and moving detail off the "low priority" targets i.e. Jimmy's apartment