Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Better Call Saul airs in the USA for the first time at the beginning of February. It will start off with two hour-long episodes on consecutive days (8th and 9th Feb). I have to say that I'm very much looking forward to this, having watched Breaking Bad four times in its entirety.. I found the trailer quite disappointing, although the early reviews are very promising. Esquire has described it as ''better and smarter'' than Breaking Bad. I doubt I'll find myself agreeing with this, but it's good to hear such positivity.

Also for all you BB fans the producers have done another programme called Rectify Im watching just now. Cant see it mentioned in the US shows subforum.

Yeah man. The thread has dropped down a few pages now. http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/201294-rectify/

Great show which doesn't get the audience it deserves.

Never understood the lack of love for the first season of Breaking Bad. The episode with Walt and Crazy Eight in the basement is genuinely terrific and drew me in big time.

I love the first season; in fact I think the Pilot was a bloody great episode.

I think it will be alright but Saul was probably the least serious character in BB so can't see it being as gripping and out there but i look forward to it

i think that was one of the best things about breaking bad, there was a mix of serious and wacky characters that allowed it to have a mix of dark and light tones

even walter at times could be both,

i think that was one of the best things about breaking bad, there was a mix of serious and wacky characters that allowed it to have a mix of dark and light tones

even walter at times could be both,

Definitely - I'm not sure if Saul will have the dark side himself so not sure where the mix will come from!

Did you forget he fucked off with the hoover guy to get a new identity?

That and the fact Mike died! Be an interesting sequel with him just sitting in the long grass decomposing. Edited by 19QOS19