Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

What a bloody show, tried to watch the first series numerous times over the last few years and could never get into it but the last month or so I’ve watched it the whole way through and it’s truly a masterpiece much like BB. 

Perfect ending going down as Jimmy rather than Saul.

What a show. I can't say more than has been said.

I avoided spoilers and this thread until I finished it.

Gonna start a rewatch of BB, BCS and El Camino tonight.

On 10/08/2022 at 09:51, TheScarf said:

Did anyone else get pissed off at the time jump back and forth within the Saul storyline?  Last week we saw a scene from the season 2 timeline of BB where Saul was kidnapped by Walt and Jesse.  Whereas in this weeks episode it was a scene with Jesse before the timeline of BB as Emilio was still alive.

I have to admit, I got a bit annoyed at the constant back and forth of it at times. I think however it was probably perfect.

On 16/08/2022 at 15:39, Arch Stanton said:

I was obviously too tired at 345am to notice this but just watched it again there.

Hide contents

BCDC...Bernalillo County Detention Centre

By the way, that's not on the UK Netflix version, neither is the goodbye messages from the cast and writers.

Aye I thought I'd missed something, will look that up.

Just finished a complete rewatch after struggling with it first time around. Watching it weekly and not fully focusing I think was my problem. It's now surpassed Mad Men and The Sopranos for me. As was said by Arch Stanton it's just constantly riveting. Everything about it is top drawer -- cinematography, characters (major and minor) storylines, it moves like a Swiss watch and appears so contained. There's definitely strong Coen brothers influences with some Michael Mann style action thrown in but it's still doing it's own thing. Just masterful TV.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

On 17/08/2022 at 20:04, kingjoey said:

I’m still trying to work out why, when Jimmy and Kim were having their cigarette in the jail at the end, the lit end of the cigarette was in colour. It’s possibly obvious to some of you sleuths, but I still can’t work it out. Small point in a fantastic series. Simply fantastic. 

I've started watching BB again and noticed that the intro to S2 ep10 (I think) when all the stuff collected from the pool is in evidence bags, the one-eyed toy is in a box and in colour, everything else b&w.

• 2 months later...

Have restared this after binge watching BB and El Camino.

I never watched it again as I watched it weekly/seasonly. I hate watching like that these days.
Noticing wee things I'd forgot/missed as the seasons passed after only a few episodes.
What a show, what a universe this is!

• 2 weeks later...
On WW, his scene in the finale just nailed down what an absolute c**t he is. Dismissive, arrogant, wouldn't even change things to save his family pain....and the last comment about Jimmy "never changing" was just so insightless in the extreme. It's him that's gone too far and would never change, Jimmy did in the end even when Walt and Chuck were throwing that accusation around at him. 
The polar opposite way that Walt and Mike reacted to the time machine question also. Mike was almost warm, smiled, enjoyed the question, answered it earnestly. Walter couldn't help being an absolute dick about it 

I took that the complete opposite way tbh. For me Saul was the c**t in that scene with WW. Rather than become a decent lawyer or go straight with Kim, he thought about how he could do something to be even richer. WW on the other hand chose to go back to a time where he would have been running a successful business and wouldn't have got into the game - therefore his family would never have been involved either.

I thought that scene was set up to make Saul's decision later on look even more poignant: he had the 7 year deal but for once chose to do the right thing, not the selfish thing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/12/2022 at 14:42, Busta Nut said:

Finished my re run of the BB/BCS universe. What a fucking place. So, so great.

How did you do it? Chronological by the timeline or BB first?

I'm planning on doing this soon as I've never given BB a rewatch but not sure which way to go.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

How did you do it? Chronological by the timeline or BB first?

I'm planning on doing this soon as I've never given BB a rewatch but not sure which way to go.

I just did it the way it all came out.

Got me thinking though, there is probably a point where you watch about 5 seasons of BCS then watch BB then the rest of BCS and stick El Camino in there somewhere.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...