Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Great episode, one of the very best.

I liked the Kim / Jesse cameo, though I'm going to say it would have been loads more effective if we'd not had the Walt and Jesse one last week. (And if we hadn't known it was coming.)

f**k!

Genuinely thought Saul was going to kill Marion there. Chekhov's laptop came good! 

Jesse cameo was fine, but still probably the least interesting part of the episode.

Heartbreaking return of the toothbrushing scenes, but this time lonely Kim going solo 😭, almost as heartbreaking as her new life...Jesus the mundanity! So sad to see such a talented, vibrant women reduced to living that life. She hasn't even changed her name so isn't "on the run" as Saul is, so is she flogging herself with this life instead as punishment? 

LOVED Jeff's crash and the dad & lad phone call! 😂

Someone above suggested in the BB timeline he doesn't care about Kim, completely wrong for me. He's almost in tears reading the divorce paperwork, he is putting on a massive barrier with the "have a nice life" shit to act non-plussed in front of Kim. Thought that scene was absolutely soul-destroying to watch, one of the most harrowing scenes of the entire universe. Both of those people still have feelings for each other and are walking away on those terms because of Jimmy's bloody minded stubborness to appear unbothered and play the Goodman character, while the viewer can see how much it is killing them both. 

Were does Jimmy go from here? Like I mean literally where is he running to from Marion's place? Final episode is going to be fucking great! I can't see anything beyond Jimmy dying here I don't think. Not sure even jail completes the arc at this point. 

Just Asked Jeeves and it turns out there is a Cinnabon 5.2 miles away from me and I'm off next Tuesday so plan is to go and get some sickly treats in and watch the finale with my big box of Cinnabon! 

7 hours ago, Christophe said:

Someone above suggested in the BB timeline he doesn't care about Kim, completely wrong for me. He's almost in tears reading the divorce paperwork, he is putting on a massive barrier with the "have a nice life" shit to act non-plussed in front of Kim. Thought that scene was absolutely soul-destroying to watch, one of the most harrowing scenes of the entire universe. Both of those people still have feelings for each other and are walking away on those terms because of Jimmy's bloody minded stubborness to appear unbothered and play the Goodman character, while the viewer can see how much it is killing them both. 

Yeah apologies, I've worded that badly.

It's obvious he does care but from Kim's point of view he doesn't give a shit. Jimmy and pre BB Saul always had layers - even Gene does as well to an extent. Breaking Bad Saul is a shallow, shallow person so won't allow himself that moment of weakness. Swallow it down and put on the front that he's in control. 

By that point in time to him as well, nothing matters more than the money he's making. Even down to him telling her she should have taken her cut of the Sandpiper money. We now know that Saul - the all out BB version of him that he developed into between Kim leaving and the jump forward in time - is a direct product of his split with her. He always tried in some way to at least do right by Kim and without her he's lost that filter.

I agree that the scene was awful to watch. Could it possibly have gone any other way though in terms of sticking to both his charater and the narrative of Breaking Bad? 

7 hours ago, Christophe said:

Were does Jimmy go from here? Like I mean literally where is he running to from Marion's place? Final episode is going to be fucking great! I can't see anything beyond Jimmy dying here I don't think. Not sure even jail completes the arc at this point. 

He's going to try and call the vacuum cleaner shop and instantly be told there's no chance and the net is now too close to get him extracted.

I still think he'll end up alive and in jail. The point made a few episodes ago about Bill Oakley turning to defender from prosecution was throwaway in delivery but still will carry some significance as I reckon that's who he will turn to.

Did anyone else get pissed off at the time jump back and forth within the Saul storyline?  Last week we saw a scene from the season 2 timeline of BB where Saul was kidnapped by Walt and Jesse.  Whereas in this weeks episode it was a scene with Jesse before the timeline of BB as Emilio was still alive.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Did anyone else get pissed off at the time jump back and forth within the Saul storyline?  Last week we saw a scene from the season 2 timeline of BB where Saul was kidnapped by Walt and Jesse.  Whereas in this weeks episode it was a scene with Jesse before the timeline of BB as Emilio was still alive.

Not really, only thing that grated with that is that Jesse would've been, what...18 in that time period? Aaron Paul is 42...Come on! 

Edited by Christophe

Emilio hasn't aged a day since his first appearance in 2008.

Spoiler

Have to agree with others saying he's going to end up in jail, hope the last episode is a 90min thing.

Hope Kim doesn't end up in jail for coming clean to Howard's wife about his death don't know if there is anything to wrap up in the Mike/ Gus story for sentiment sake I'd like to see them make one last appearance.

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

I wonder if the last scene of BB Saul will be Saul Gus and Mike in the car watching when Walt and Jesse first went to Los Pollos to try and cook for Gus.

With regard to the BB timeline scenes, Cranston has said that they

filmed one scene together (he and Paul) and also done one scene each seperately. So going by that we only have one WW scene to go without Pinkman

Obviously take that with a pinch of salt but given the Jesse/Kim scene last week, that looks on track to be true 

Edited by Christophe

20 hours ago, Sixtyten said:

Did Anyone notice that the "cancer guy" had $737K in his account?

That was the amount Walt said he needed in one of the early episodes of BB.

Yeah, so many good callbacks....

The automated parking lot where Mike used to work when Kim returned to the courthouse.

Kim's BBQ music (Rupert Holmes).

That was liquid television! This whole series has been bittersweet - it's been really terrific stuff but it's also been a slow countdown to the whole thing coming to an end. I don't want it to end but I also want a resolution!

Spoiler

Kim's story was just devastating.  Rhea Seehorn has maybe, probably, been the best actor in the whole show.

I loved the reflection in Gene's glasses too. A great touch. 

Just re-watched.

Spoiler

Knowing what we know about these writers, perhaps an easter egg in this episode with the song choice of 'The Tide is High' whilst Saul is driving to Marion's house?

''I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that.'' Whatever his fate may ultimately be, he's certainly not gonna give himself up easily or in a dignified manner. Some aquatic themes and imagery, which led to me thinking about the cardboard cut-out of Saul floating in the pool earlier in the season. Maybe a watery end for him? 🤔

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:
  Hide contents

I've just watched the trailer for the final episode, is his car wrecked under water?

It's still in the canyon where he and Mike pushed it off the road last series, as far as I can see. Though who knows why they saw fit to call back to that just now,

Hmm interesting. The call with Francesca mentioned Jesse's car being found near the Mexican border, with the  presumption he'd been offed by the Cartel. I wonder if 'Gene' tries a similar plot and uses the old Suzuki Esteem to try and fake his death?