Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

I think he's somehow going to get away with it.  Francesca mentions to him that Jesse's car was found at the US-Mex border, I think he'll try something like that.

Someone has cleaned up the English audio of "the phonecall"....

Sounds like maybe they've already been in contact and are actually plotting on something together?

If as suggested we are going to get the phonecall from Kim's perspective next week then I'm calling it as not the first contact and we will see a previous exchange between them in that episode too

Edited by Christophe

16 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Another tidbit from the "Buzz" character, he was named after a certain English comedian...

Screenshot_20220804-212635.thumb.png.5a35b756ef01aad598d81ee7ee3cf204.png

Benny Hill. I mind one time at a pub quiz there was an anagram round and the clue was "celebrity" We got the right answer (BH) but torpedoed some of our competitors by "accidentally on purpose" calling out another name.

Once all the sheets were handed in the quizmaster went "Teams 3, 4 ad 5...who the hell is Billy Henn?

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I wonder of this crew who made these shows will stay together and do a new project. If so, I am in. 

I think Gilligan will definitely work with Cranston and Odenkirk again on something.

Spoiler

I've had a change of heart after that episode. Thought it would be nice if Kim and Saul had some sort of satisfying conclusion, even if bittersweet. Now I realise that Kim deserves better and I hope that Saul dies or is imprisoned in the finale.

Spoiler

Wow, Kim's life in Florida is a fate worse than death. Boring job, boring friends, boring partner (although his "yups" during the perfunctory sex raised a chuckle).

We get to hear all of last week's phone call where Gene is a cunt and lays a massive guilt trip on Kim's lap.

In the Saul timeline we see he and Kim are divorced and she has a brief interaction with Jesse (and Emilio from S1E1 of BB also makes a cameo).

Back in the Gene timeline, Kim travels to ABQ and gives an affidavit to the court and a copy to Howard's wife detailing what really happened to him. On the bus back to the airport she is overcome with grief, the "waterworks" of the title.

Kim's life is ruined, Howard is dead and a long trail of others have been harmed by Jimmy/Saul/Gene so he definitely deserves an unhappy ending. 

Spoiler

Poor fucking Kim. Out of nowhere she was essentially guilt tripped on a whim into digging up things that should have been left in the past by taking the derry for how Howard died and meanwhile Jimmy is still doing everything he can to evade justice and slip the net.

He doesn't deserve the good ending. 6 seasons of BCS gave a lot of goodwill from fans to the character because it really fleshed out who he was - emphasis on was. Vince Gilligan is now doing an amazing job of peeling that all goodwill away so the fans (myself included) who over 6 seasons probably forgot a lot of Saul's character in BB, could remember just who he becomes in the end and he is someone who just didn't deserve a shot at redemption.

I enjoyed the Kim and Jesse scene. The parting line of 'he used to be when I knew him' from Kim in response to Jesse's question of if he was good, was probably the closure most fans needed. There's definitely no going back or happy reunion, the fact that it was actually concluded during the BB timeline, I also liked. It made sense and tied off another loose end of there being no contact or mention at all of her in BB despite her being alive. He simply didn't give a shit about her by that point so why would he pine?

I hope in the final episode, she is given some sort of a happy ending. The closing scene (timeline wise) of her absolutely heartbroken and emotionally falling apart on a bus with her life in tatters is not how it should end for her.