Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Felt a bit like the BB "Fly" episode. 

Spoiler

Was an interesting show but didn't grab me. Like stealing a couple $1000 of clothes> Who cares in the grand scheme of things. Felt like an early level of "They Stole A Million".

I guess there will be another change of pace in the net episode.

Thought 'Nippy' was a great short film of the heist genre and wraps up that portion of the storyline succinctly.

Definitely a big change of pace, but the previous episode was technically the end of Better Call Saul, and these final episodes are the universe's epilogue (the clue is in the change of episode titles, as they break from the season's title motif from 'Nippy' going forward.)

Basically gives the show carte blanche to close the BB/BCS universe however it sees fit with three episodes to go, so I can't wait.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

'Nippy' was a strange but fascinating episode. I must admit I found it difficult to get past the Jeff recasting, but it was one of those unfortunate things given the circumstances. That said, even a 7.5/10 BCS episode trumps almost anything else.

With most of the missing questions apparently answered, who knows what the last 3 episodes will bring (though the next episode title gives some clue).

There's so much bland guff filling most channels so it's a privilege to be able to watch something as good as this, a labour of love from the talented and meticulous crew who make it.

Edited to add: I loved the detail of the continued degradation of the opening credits, the cut to the blue screen was surprisingly jarring, in a good way.

Edited by Sixtyten

On 28/07/2022 at 00:06, Bully Wee Villa said:

Next week's episode is called

Hide contents

Breaking Bad.

PLEASE be set during the Breaking Bad "Better Call Saul" episode and be from the opposite perspective! That would be too perfect! 

A few things then...

Spoiler

Francesca still doing stuff for Gene.

Kim is alive and has asked Francesca about Jimmy. Gene tries to contact her.

The BB flashbacks (WW and JP!!!) were well done, explaining the Lalo comment and showing Mike's initial involvement with WW (I particularly liked his "he's an amateur" remark).

Gene is wiped out financially so really ramps up his inner Saul.

Stuart from The Big Bang Theory!! Who just happens to have cancer.

So happy

Kim is alive and out there somewhere, although they are still a long way off a reconciliation given Gene's reaction after the call

Next week's episode is called

Waterworks, and they established this week that she is working at a sprinkler place so I'm guessing we see her in the Gene timeline next week?

Edited by Christophe

Don't think the DA to Defense Attorney gets highlighted unless it's to play a part in things. Could see Gene getting arrested next week. Carol Burnett shopping her son and Gene to the cops. Which leads to Jimmy/Saul/Gene being shipped back to New Mexico. He hires that guy as his attorney thinking he can manipulate him into doing his bidding. Kim comes back either to save the day or a final gut punch.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Hide contents

Don't think the DA to Defense Attorney gets highlighted unless it's to play a part in things. Could see Gene getting arrested next week. Carol Burnett shopping her son and Gene to the cops. Which leads to Jimmy/Saul/Gene being shipped back to New Mexico. He hires that guy as his attorney thinking he can manipulate him into doing his bidding. Kim comes back either to save the day or a final gut punch.

Yes, I reckon the Carol Burnett character uses Chekhov's browser and finds out who Gene really is.

56 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Hide contents

Yes, I reckon the Carol Burnett character uses Chekhov's browser and finds out who Gene really is.

He didn't play Chekov. You might be thinking of Anton Yelchin who looks kinda similar but died 7 years ago when he was crushed against a wall by his own car.