Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

6 hours ago, Christophe said:

Odenkirk

One of them is misremembering here then! 🤔

It had been known for a while that Tony Dalton and Patrick Fabian were all there when it happened. Which was considered a spoiler as why would Lalo and Howard be in a scene together.

Bob Odenkirk has clarified the confusion.

https://ew.com/tv/bob-odenkirk-heart-attack-point-and-shoot-episode/

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It had been known for a while that Tony Dalton and Patrick Fabian were all there when it happened. Which was considered a spoiler as why would Lalo and Howard be in a scene together.

Bob Odenkirk has clarified the confusion.

https://ew.com/tv/bob-odenkirk-heart-attack-point-and-shoot-episode/

Bloody hell. So he had a heart attack in a scene where it was conceivable that Saul would've had a heart attack?

4 hours ago, MSU said:

I don't think Schweikart & Cokely exists in the BB universe outside of BCS.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

No it was never mentioned on BB.

I maybe worded my original post incorrectly. During the memorial for Howard, Richard Schweikart says HHM are downsizing and changing their name to ‘Brookner Partners’. I was meaning did that name feature in BB at all. Upon stopping being lazy and doing my own research I have found it does not 😅

I thought it was alright. It progresses the flash forward which was good as I was wondering how he was going to deal with getting made at the start of series 5.

Another curveball.

In three episodes they've given us apparent resolutions to three of the outstanding storylines. Fascinated to see what they do from here.

55 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I honest couldn’t remember who the other character was in that episode. The scam was quite good.

Think back to S5E1, a taxi driver named Jeff recognises Gene in the shopping mall as Saul.

What is confusing is that they have cast a different actor in the episode to play the same role.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Think back to S5E1, a taxi driver named Jeff recognises Gene in the shopping mall as Saul.

What is confusing is that they have cast a different actor in the episode to play the same role.

Yeah. The original actor couldn't make it due to a schedule conflict. 

Bit of a shame really. The guy originally cast had a bit menace about him if I remember correctly whilst this version of Jeff seemed like a bit of a bumbling sad act.

I still enjoyed the episode and it was a good change of pace to have a full Gene one rather than a 10 minute segment at the start of a series but did feel like a bit strangely timed though we've learned by now that could well make sense when all is said and done. It's definitely not going to be the last we see of Gene either I think.

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Bit of a shame really. The guy originally cast had a bit menace about him if I remember correctly whilst this version of Jeff seemed like a bit of a bumbling sad act.

I still enjoyed the episode and it was a good change of pace to have a full Gene one rather than a 10 minute segment at the start of a series but did feel like a bit strangely timed though we've learned by now that could well make sense when all is said and done. It's definitely not going to be the last we see of Gene either I think.

Aye the guy that played Jeff originally had a certain aura about him and reminded me a bit of Uncle Jack’s second in charge in the gang he and Todd were part of in BB. Can’t mind his name.

Loved that, absolutely great to get a full Gene episode. As mentioned above, another loose thread is tied up in the Jeff threat so absolutely no idea what the last 3 episodes are going to through up, almost have a clean slate storyline wise to go into here!

Unreal that Gilligan and co can create such tension on a story we have zero prior emotional connection too. Phenomenal work really! 

Thought the theme tune cut to the blue screen was a nice touch going into the Gene timeline. Didn't think there was much room for them to go after draining all the colour away but that was cool! 

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The original actor could make it at first, then Bob Odenkirk selfishly had a heart attack which delayed filming and it clashed with a pre-agreed role for the actor in question by the time they started again.

17 hours ago, Christophe said:

Unreal that Gilligan and co can create such tension on a story we have zero prior emotional connection too. Phenomenal work really! 

This is what got me as I was watching it, it was like as Gene was working the security guards, he was also working the audience. At this point, tho, the show has built up such goodwill with me, just the realization that this was going to be a wholly B&W episode had me delighted.