Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Think we will get a fairly decent time jump next week then? All the ends have been tied up other than where Kim is in the BB/present day timelines...so I don't see any need to hang about in the current timeframe. Onto Saul in the gaudy mansion and beyond? We still need to fit that/the FBI stuff, a possible Cranston/Paul storyline and the Gene stuff into the last 5 episodes

Edited by Christophe

Can’t ask for much better than that for a return, tremendous. I’m planning a BB rewatch after the final episode and I feel the bodies are 100% going to make every episode with the lab more vhilling, fly included. 

11 hours ago, Christophe said:

Absolutely brilliant! 

Reveal hidden contents

I love that Lalo and Howard have been buried under the lab the whole of the BB timeline!

Absolutely chilling isn’t it.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Fabu-fucking-lous. 

I stand by my earlier comment. Best show on TV right now. 

I don't watch a lot of new stuff, I'm more of a 'watch old shows again that I loved' but it has to be the best around at the surely.  It's right on par with BB IMO.  I could never put it on a higher pedestal, as BB is one of my 3 favourite shows of all time, but I'm happy to but it right alongside it.  BCS is firmly in my top 5 now.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Did Jimmy and Gus have any direct interaction in BB?

I cant think of a scene they're both in however Gus did refer him to 'The Lawyer' a couple of times, obviously Saul mentions Gus a lot in BB.  Happy to be corrected, i'm just saying this from memory.

Think we will get a fairly decent time jump next week then? All the ends have been tied up other than where Kim is in the BB/present day timelines...so I don't see any need to hang about in the current timeframe. Onto Saul in the gaudy mansion and beyond? We still need to fit that/the FBI stuff, a possible Cranston/Paul storyline and the Gene stuff into the last 5 episodes

I don't think we'll get the time jump in the next episode or the one after. Seems too early for me. The Kim storyline will take a while. Surely the Salamanca family (i.e. the twins) will be in town trying to figure out what's happened to Lalo as well?

The Walt/Jesse storyline is only supposed to be a few scenes. Not enough to be the main focus of an episode by the sounds if it.
If I had to guess I'd say only the last episode will involve Walt/Jesse and Gene's conclusion too.

10 hours ago, Radford said:

Did Jimmy and Gus have any direct interaction in BB?

No. 

Vince Gilligan has said one of the hardest parts of BCS was writing the series and fleshing it out to the extent he has whilst knowing he had to keep Gus and Jimmy apart because they'd never actually met.

Saul introduced Jesse and Walt to Gus via Mike by saying 'I know a guy who knows a guy' and we saw the formation of what would become that arrangement in the episode gone by when Gus showed a bit of quiet shock and admiration when Kim said that Jimmy managed to successfully talk Lalo round and get him to send Kim instead of Jimmy. Clearly, Gus is impressed by Jimmy being so persuasive as to be able to do this and that's what leads to him being Gus' lawyer via Mike.

Gilligan has gone on record as saying he regrets never having Saul meet Gus because it would have made writing BCS a hell of a lot easier if they had been established as acquainted by the time Breaking Bad rolled around.

Edited by djchapsticks

No. 
Vince Gilligan has said one of the hardest parts of BCS was writing the series and fleshing it out to the extent he has whilst knowing he had to keep Gus and Jimmy apart because they'd never actually met.
Saul introduced Jesse and Walt to Gus via Mike by saying 'I know a guy who knows a guy' and we saw the formation of what would become that arrangement in the episode gone by when Gus showed a bit of quiet shock and admiration when Kim said that Jimmy managed to successfully talk Lalo round and get him to send Kim instead of Jimmy. Clearly, Gus is impressed by Jimmy being so persuasive as to be able to do this and that's what leads to him being Gus' lawyer via Mike.
Gilligan has gone on record as saying he regrets never having Saul meet Gus because it would have made writing BCS a hell of a lot easier if they had been established as acquainted by the time Breaking Bad rolled around.

Jimmy and Gus have met once. They just didn't know each other, or at least not specifically. Gus would have knew that Jimmy was connected to Mike.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/F-tAqMT_z8Y?start=128&feature=oembed

I don't think Gus' reaction to Jimmy persuading Lalo was shock and admiration. It was shock and realisation that Lalo's apparent plan to get Gus murdered could be changed on a whim by these clueless individuals. Gus knew Lalo didn't care who went to the door, meaning it was just a distraction.

57 minutes ago, charger29 said:

realisation that Lalo's apparent plan to get Gus murdered could be changed on a whim by these clueless individuals. Gus knew Lalo didn't care who went to the door, meaning it was just a distraction.

That was my take on it. Gus realising this wasn't the real plan.