Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Wow

Spoiler

Absolutely amazing television.

12th of July can't come soon enough but feel there is a lot of ground to cover in the last 6 episodes, I seem to remember that it was heavily rumoured that Walt and Jesse would pitch up in BCS I guess they could show Jesse meeting Saul for the first time but find it hard to see how Walt and Saul could meet unless it's a flash forward.

Also feel there is almost an entire episode worth of content to take Saul/Jimmy out of his Nebraska life, I quite like the idea of him and Kim getting back together. 

Will be interesting what Lalo wants from Saul and Kim and how long before Mike completes a full cycle and becomes a "cleaner" once again.

On 28/05/2022 at 16:05, TheScarf said:

Given it’s still set in 2004, we believe, there’s going to have to be some timeline jump for Walter and Jesse to appear. 

Could just be a cameo with Walter White doing his Ned Flanders thing with the moustache and sweater. Washing Saul's car, say. 

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Could just be a cameo with Walter White doing his Ned Flanders thing with the moustache and sweater. Washing Saul's car, say. 

Aye I think it’ll be something like that. Even just in the background somewhere.

Aye I think it’ll be something like that. Even just in the background somewhere.
I don't think it'll be like that. Gilligan really doesn't seem like the person to do something like that for easy likes. Surely their appearance would have to make sense from a plot perspective otherwise it's not worth cheapening the programme for it.

They could have had Dean Norris as background in a BCS police scene, but instead they gave his character plausible reason to be involved in the story.

Have to say that so far it's the best television series I have watched. It's above Breaking Bad as every character, even the baddies, are played to perfection and don't annoy in any way unlike Skylar and the boy in BB. Can't wait for the next episode .

Aye, there's no annoying characters in BB.  Marie and Walter Jr could've not been there and it would've made little difference to the story.

Loving this, best thing on telly, and ultimately probably better than Breaking Bad.

I'm gonna say I thought that mid-season cliffhanger felt a bit forced though and didn't really make sense.

Spoiler

No way would Lalo not have been watching the gaffe, at least for a bit, before making his entrance. Why would he choose a moment when there was an unknown third party in there as well just to complicate matters? And not that he's going to care at all about killing Howard, but he's already well aware of the irritating legal consequences of killing bystanders - he's on bail for the previous one - and it's not like he needs to do anything more to make Jimmy and Kim sufficiently scared of him.

On 27/04/2022 at 16:21, TheScarf said:

Don't open this if you haven't watched the 3rd episode yet, a great shout by Michael Mando, didn't click when watching it.

Reveal hidden contents

Mando also called the scene "ominous... these are all dead men walking, watching the first man die", referring to the fact that each of the other characters who appeared in the scene (Gus Fring, Tyrus Kitt, Victor, Hector Salamanca, the Cousins, Juan Bolsa, and Mike Ehrmantraut) would all eventually meet their own fates on Breaking Bad.

This is an excellent point, which I had missed.

On 03/06/2022 at 11:02, Yoss said:

Loving this, best thing on telly, and ultimately probably better than Breaking Bad.

I'm gonna say I thought that mid-season cliffhanger felt a bit forced though and didn't really make sense.

Hide contents

No way would Lalo not have been watching the gaffe, at least for a bit, before making his entrance. Why would he choose a moment when there was an unknown third party in there as well just to complicate matters? And not that he's going to care at all about killing Howard, but he's already well aware of the irritating legal consequences of killing bystanders - he's on bail for the previous one - and it's not like he needs to do anything more to make Jimmy and Kim sufficiently scared of him.

He chose that moment because Mike had pulled everyone off of look out, bar at the laundry. Everyone is at Gus'.

• 4 weeks later...

Potential re-casting spoiler:

Don Harvey who played the taxi driver who recognises Gene as Jimmy/Saul in Nebraska, was unable to return due to commitments with We Own This City, it's been announced the role was re-cast to Pat Healy for the second half on S6 (who has worked with Bob Odenkirk before, on The Post). Does this suggest this role/Gene scenes are going to be fairly prominent? Or surely Harvey would have been able to get in to film bit parts?

Edited by Christophe

On 10/05/2022 at 10:48, Arch Stanton said:

Another beautifully directed cold open with a lovely vocal accompaniment.

Hide contents

Lalo clearly has Kim, Jimmy and even Gus rattled. Gus going to the excavation site, hiding his ankle gun and pacing out the distance between there and the power switch suggests a future shoot out in the dark.

Well, I suppose it was kinda predictable.

Poor Howard, even Mike felt sorry for him going by that lingering look.

Wow. 

Spoiler

Well, I suppose it's to be expected that there would be no letting up of the pace in this episode - particularly with only five more remaining. In a sense, it was predictable that they'd cover up Howard's murder in this way and it was predictable that Lalo would be killed in this way, but it maybe brings closure to this particular timeline (with the exception of what happens to Kim). This could have been a season finale in its own right, and I can imagine that the next episode might start with a Gene flash-forward and we'll start to switch between different timelines.