Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

BTW as per the "How to use spoiler tags" thread above are we happy to ditch them now...according to that, as it's available to stream on a UK platform from today we didn't have to be using them throughout today even so I reckon now at the end of the day they can go? 

13 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Hide contents

I'm not even convinced Kim has to necessarily be killed off you know, could she be Best Quality Vacuumed away and we get a reunion in Nebraska? Will there be any kind of relief for Gene at the end or is it all gonna end bleak as f**k?

I suggested that after last week's episode.

BTW as per the "How to use spoiler tags" thread above are we happy to ditch them now...according to that, as it's available to stream on a UK platform from today we didn't have to be using them throughout today even so I reckon now at the end of the day they can go? 

I’m up to date, but tbh it doesn’t do any harm to continue using them. People may not be fully up to date for a while.

Spoiler

I think this season had always been leading up to a sad end for Howard. I presume that Kim will be forced to change her identity and re-locate. Saul already seemed very familiar with the ‘hoover’ process when describing it to Walt and Jesse in BB, which suggests that he’d been through it all before. At this point, I can’t see anyone else potentially needing to be disappeared. 

Gilligan has talked in the past about characters ultimately getting what they deserve. If Walt deserved death and Jesse deserved freedom, what does Saul deserve? Prison, I imagine.

Just now, The Real Saints said:
  Hide contents

I think this season had always been leading up to a sad end for Howard. I presume that Kim will be forced to change her identity and re-locate. Saul already seemed very familiar with the ‘hoover’ process when describing it to Walt and Jesse in BB, which suggests that he’d been through it all before. At this point, I can’t see anyone else potentially needing to be disappeared. 

Gilligan has talked in the past about characters ultimately getting what they deserve. If Walt deserved death and Jesse deserved freedom, what does Saul deserve? Prison, I imagine.

Spoiler

I still think Kim ends up dead or ends up going to Jail. 

I hope they won’t leave it hanging with Kim and her story arc is completed. As in I hope her and Saul aren’t in the last scene together with her not getting best quality vacuumed or being killed, and we’re left wondering ‘why the fuck wasn’t she in Breaking Bad then?’

But I don’t think Gilligan would do that. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I hope they won’t leave it hanging with Kim and her story arc is completed. As in I hope her and Saul aren’t in the last scene together with her not getting best quality vacuumed or being killed, and we’re left wondering ‘why the f**k wasn’t she in Breaking Bad then?’

But I don’t think Gilligan would do that. 

You'd have to imagine there will another main character in the present/future timeline. That leaves Lalo and Kim since everyone else is dead.

Being reminded Kim was from Nebraska and the last we've seen of Gene is his unwillingness to leave Nebraska after being recognised. I think she'll be there. Doubtful they'd have reconnected at this point and he's kind of creepily kept track of her new life from afar.

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You'd have to imagine there will another main character in the present/future timeline. That leaves Lalo and Kim since everyone else is dead.

Being reminded Kim was from Nebraska and the last we've seen of Gene is his unwillingness to leave Nebraska after being recognised. I think she'll be there. Doubtful they'd have reconnected at this point and he's kind of creepily kept track of her new life from afar.

Am I right in saying there’s not been a Gene Takavic scene since the first episode of series 5?

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Am I right in saying there’s not been a Gene Takavic scene since the first episode of series 5?

Aye, they were only ever in the cold openings of the first episodes of series 1-5.

Series 6's first episode was a flash forward of Saul's home being emptied.

Is there anything between Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad which doesn't tie together well?

From re-watching parts of the first BB episode featuring Saul, he's in a very relaxed mood. The constant jokes from Saul wouldn't really fit with someone who's wife was fairly recently murdered.
I agree that Kim will be buying a new filter for her vacuum cleaner pretty soon.

Having said that it's difficult to understand the timeline of BCS & BB. Are they currently around 12-18 months behind the start of BB S1?

Also, Tuco gets out of prison soon...

8 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is there anything between Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad which doesn't tie together well?

From re-watching parts of the first BB episode featuring Saul, he's in a very relaxed mood. The constant jokes from Saul wouldn't really fit with someone who's wife was fairly recently murdered.
I agree that Kim will be buying a new filter for her vacuum cleaner pretty soon.

Having said that it's difficult to understand the timeline of BCS & BB. Are they currently around 12-18 months behind the start of BB S1?

Also, Tuco gets out of prison soon...

Spoiler

I think we're still a couple of years before BB starts.  Maybe 2005/06.  Plenty of time to get back to his chirpy self.

Edit - 2004, so 4 years before BB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul_(season_6)

Edited by TheScarf

Spoiler

I think we're still a couple of years before BB starts.  Maybe 2005/06.  Plenty of time to get back to his chirpy self.

Edit - 2004, so 4 years before BB.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul_(season_6)

I thought it was far closer than that. From rewatching a bit of S1 of BB, Skinny Pete asks Tuco if he got out of prison around a year ago. At the start of BCS S5 Lalo says Tuco gets out in 11 months.
I assumed it was the same sentence but I guess not.

Great little graphic showing IMDb user aggregate scores for every episode of BB & BCS...

uvoqmjpw4t191.png

I have a feeling we might get an 'Ozymandias' in BCS before this is all done 

Edited by Christophe

46 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The reg plate on Howard's car says DEC 05 so assuming it's an expiry date puts the series as late 04/early 05.

In the last episode, Fring was handing over a giant cheque to kids on a basketball court. It had 2004 on the date, so to my mind it is set in 2004.

Spoiler

I loved / hated that.

Howard was obnoxious and privileged and I didn't particularly care for him. But he wasn't a bad guy and he didn't really deserve any of Kim and Jimmy's nonsense this season, let alone deserve having his brains splattered all over the wall. His final monologue to them was good and I think that's Kim's turning point.

Despite Mike thinking she's made of sterner stuff, she obviously doesn't have the guts for this life that Jimmy does. Case in point: how bothered she was by Jimmy's remark about "the wicked". She's getting out sooner rather than later and I suspect that's the event that sees Saul Goodman totally replace Jimmy McGill. 

I've never been sold on the idea that this takes us right into Breaking Bad. There's too much going on to lead right into it and I hope it doesn't. Not every moment needs to be on screen.

Its been a really enjoyable first half of the season. Even the filler episodes are high quality and keep you engaged. And that's something a lot of shows struggle with.

Given it’s still set in 2004, we believe, there’s going to have to be some timeline jump for Walter and Jesse to appear. 

Edited by TheScarf