Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Perhaps the Howard stuff is Kim's downfall?  There has been suggestions online that Kim was the mastermind behind a lot of the stuff Saul did in BB as a kind of 'silent partner' but I'm not so sure.  I reckon she gets caught and jailed for something that happens to Howard.

Edit - She seems well more up for causing him damage than Saul does IMO.

Edited by TheScarf

Was thinking after episode 4 that Cliff is possibly not being taken in by the set-up and is onto them...

although have just watched the trailer for episode 5 and...

a confrontation between Cliff and Howard on there would suggest not

Another beautifully directed cold open with a lovely vocal accompaniment.

Spoiler

Lalo clearly has Kim, Jimmy and even Gus rattled. Gus going to the excavation site, hiding his ankle gun and pacing out the distance between there and the power switch suggests a future shoot out in the dark.

How did Lalo find Werner's wife? Will the paperweight maker's label somehow lead him to the future shootout?

Howard punching lumps out of Jimmy was mildly amusing but that strand of the story seems like a distraction. 

Just finished season 5 after binge-watching this for the last few weeks.  Utterly phenomenal and I can't wait to see how Lalo reacts.  It's just excellent tv.  Well written, brilliantly acted and there's very few wasted scenes.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hide contents

Howard punching lumps out of Jimmy was mildly amusing but that strand of the story seems like a distraction. 

Spoiler

Now that Howard has employed someone to watch all of Saul's movements and keep track of every single person he talks to, I fear that he might become embroiled in the Lalo storyline and possibly get caught in the crossfire unsuspectingly.

Edited by The Real Saints

Good stuff but probably my least favourite of the S6 episodes so far. Gus's recent paranoia doesn't carry enough risk given we know how his story ends, even if we don't know exactly how it gets there. The Howard stuff is more interesting by what it potentially sets up (as hidden somewhere above) than what it delivered this episode. Still better than anything else that's on TV right now.

Spoiler

Kim withholding the Lalo (still alive) info from Saul is very dark. Kim seems to be way more in the game than Saul right now, who still hasn't quite been himself since the Bagman episode imo. I thought Howard might fight back in some way, but maybe not so literally. It felt strange to be rooting for Howard, as I really disliked the guy for a long time. It feels like that since Chuck's passing, Jimmy/Saul has become increasingly unlikeable, whereas Howard has gone in the opposite direction.

Another great episode, but being the BB/BCS fanboy that I am it's no surprise. The attention to detail never ceases to amaze.

Edited by Sixtyten

Boxing scene

didn't quite hit for me, but otherwise another great episode. 

Glad that

Howard sussed the con straight away, and the hint from Kim that there was more serious set-ups ahead will make sure this little game of chess continues

16 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Another beautifully directed cold open with a lovely vocal accompaniment.

Hide contents

Lalo clearly has Kim, Jimmy and even Gus rattled. Gus going to the excavation site, hiding his ankle gun and pacing out the distance between there and the power switch suggests a future shoot out in the dark.

How did Lalo find Werner's wife? Will the paperweight maker's label somehow lead him to the future shootout?

Lalo...

finds M's address at the money transfer place he broke into after tailing Mike there in season 4....he even finds out here that the Ziegler's have a dog!

mkyt0fv7fiy81.thumb.jpg.377d852d00216bde020fc6391e77170a.jpg

Fucking insane attention to detail!

Edited by Christophe

13 hours ago, The Real Saints said:
  Hide contents

Now that Howard has employed someone to watch all of Saul's movements and keep track of every single person he talks to, I fear that he might become embroiled in the Lalo storyline and possibly get caught in the crossfire unsuspectingly.

This was my take at the time. 

Spoiler

He now has 2 sets of people following him. Who will spot who? 

Also, Lalo saying the word "lawyers" made me think he will come to Jimmy soon. 

Another set up episode, I didn't enjoy it as much this week, felt like a chore getting through it.  The scene with Saul and Howard was just bizarre.

On 11/05/2022 at 08:17, scottsdad said:

This was my take at the time. 

Hide contents

He now has 2 sets of people following him. Who will spot who? 

Spoiler

That’s what came to my mind first as well. Surely mikes guys will spot that someone else is following him and do something about it.

Another slow "filler" episode today. 

Some theories...

Spoiler

Turns out Kim lived in Nebraska as a child...the same Nebraska in which Gene Takovic currently resides. Could it be that Kim returns to her roots at the end of BCS and that Saul somehow surreptitiously influenced Best Vacuum Repair guy to relocate him in Omaha for a future hook up with Kim?

Or...

Saul learns of the Vet's book of contacts, contained within is a business card for BVR. Could it be that Kim does something so heinous to Howard that she needs to "disappear" and Saul goes to BVR to sort that out for her?

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Another slow "filler" episode today. 

Some theories...

Reveal hidden contents

Turns out Kim lived in Nebraska as a child...the same Nebraska in which Gene Takovic currently resides. Could it be that Kim returns to her roots at the end of BCS and that Saul somehow surreptitiously influenced Best Vacuum Repair guy to relocate him in Omaha for a future hook up with Kim?

Or...

Saul learns of the Vet's book of contacts, contained within is a business card for BVR. Could it be that Kim does something so heinous to Howard that she needs to "disappear" and Saul goes to BVR to sort that out for her?

The latter imo.

Mid-series finale next week.  I think the second part of the series will basically be like a long Breaking Bad episode, with the Howard stuff wrapped up next week.  I hope so anyway.

Slow one again but enjoyable nonetheless. 

Thought they were going to throw us the curve ball of...

Lalo dying unceremoniously in Germany, might have been the reason Saul is still throwing line's out like "Did Lalo send you?" in Breaking Bad...everyone still being on the hook wondering when he will reappear not knowing he's snuffed it

But thankfully not