Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

A reappearance of the name "Saul Goodman" and time accelerated to the point where Jimmy is eligible to  regain his attorney licence .
My memory is terrible. I remember when it was first used, in the back alley after the heart attack scam. When did the Saul Goodman character kick in, in relation to the current series?

I hope not. This is what's good about the whole BB BCS writing, it's ordinary people in relatively ordinary lives much of the time and last night's episode showed that most ordinary of things - two people drifting apart. Kim is moving up into corporate law whilst Jimmy is selling crap out of a van in a shellsuit. The two of them staying together wouldn't make sense.

Don't feel as if the story has progressed much in the last two episodes.  They keep teasing the Saul Goodman full heel turn Gilligan and Gould haven't booked it yet.

The Nacho thing needs to come on top as it's going nowhere at the moment.  Even though it's clear he's a rat for Gus inside the Salamanca's.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Don't feel as if the story has progressed much in the last two episodes.  They keep teasing the Saul Goodman full heel turn Gilligan and Gould haven't booked it yet.

The Nacho thing needs to come on top as it's going nowhere at the moment.  Even though it's clear he's a rat for Gus inside the Salamanca's.

This introduction of Lalo Salamanca should speed things up there. Mentioned by Saul in BB when he was mightily relieved to see Walt and Jesse had kidnapped him to the desert and not the terrifying Lalo.

19 hours ago, Radford said:

Feel Gilligan and Gould are relying on the loyalty of BB viewers with this. It's hard to get too excited about anything when you know where all the main characters are going. Does anyone care what happens to Nacho?

I know what you mean.  It's a different beast to BB altogether however;  this being more a character development/backstory show.  It's a little too slow for my liking.  I've lost count the amount of times throughout the episodes where at the end I've gone 'is that it?'

In BB you were like 'fuckkkkk' at the end of numerous episodes.  

And no, the Nacho character is shite.  He doesn't appear on BB so he either dies or just fucks off. 

Only thing I think that's missing from BCS compared to BB is the humour, especially the wise cracks and sillyness between Walter and Jesse in the early series. I think the photos of Huel going to church last week is the only time they've tried to shoehorn some humour in.

I guess I'm in a minority here. BCS is just a very different show from BB, and they cannot be compared. The whole texture of the show is different - a much slower pace (which I like - just as I liked the pace of Mad Men), much more delicate but with just the occasional mind-blowing moment. 

I'm not getting too caught up on who does and does not appear in BB. Kim isn't in it - so we'll see what happens to her. Just enjoying the show - hell, there isn't much good TV on these days.