Mo v Vers (and Shakers)

I admit it- I'm Mark McGuigan's unlucky charm. Whenever I miss a game, the guy seems to score.

The concession of goals concerns me, and the inclusion of Mullin is a worry as I insist we have several more reliable left backs in the squad, but I believe Rovers fans have every reason to be confident at this important time in the season. While Arbroath (or "Heads Gone F.C." as they may soon be re-badged) are quaking in their boots, we're doing what champions do and picking up the points- seemingly even when we're not on a game. When the Smokies stop running scared and finally ready to arrange a fixture against us we'll win the psychological battle there and then.

There's also the comfort of knowing John Gemmell will be fresh and rested to tear their patchwork defence to shreds.

As long as you have a linesman going home on the bus with you, then of course you will do well ...........stole the points.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In recent years, the Rovers have been the victims of losing dodgy late goals on numerous occasions. So I'm enjoying these undeserved 3 points, if that's what they are. Only sorry I wasn't able to travel. Instead I wasted 10p on a Premiership game which reinforced to me: Scottish football can only be enjoyed if you have a partisan interest in the match.

As has been said previously, Montrose certainly didn't deserve to lose, with individual errors costing us dearly.

Banjo, even without his goals, had an excellent debut. McGuigan looks a very decent player for Albion Rovers.

Results like yesterdays, make teams champions.

Oh shit! Somebody just said the 'c' word.

It's still Arbroath's to lose, although they seem to have become quite adept at shipping points in 2015!

It's squarely in our own hands now, however. Win our game in hand and match Arbroath for the rest of the season...

Best team won - end of. Don't care if the winner was offside - although my son swears Gemmill was off but TJ was on - Huge 3 points and now in with a great chance of winning this thing,

I'm not big on the latter of those attributes, but at this point in time things look good. Arbroath squad looks thin and ours substantial. Who knows?!

we've done well to stick with it. At one point it looked like Arbroath would disappear over the horizon. My own view is that our disciplinary performance will be vital. We are prone to press the red card self destruct button. This seems to have improved in recent weeks. Sandy Clark experience and "auld heid" will be key.

Best team won - end of. Don't care if the winner was offside - although my son swears Gemmill was off but TJ was on - Huge 3 points and now in with a great chance of winning this thing,

Aye rite !!! Best team !!!!!! Hahahaha only managed to beat a team who have won once in 18 games with an offside goal !!!!!

Sporting integrity should care if the goal was offside..................not an if it was IT WAS

Aye rite !!! Best team !!!!!! Hahahaha only managed to beat a team who have won once in 18 games with an offside goal !!!!!

Sporting integrity should care if the goal was offside..................not an if it was IT WAS

Ha ha seething

Arbroath will draw with Hibs in the Scottish Cup in a few weeks, "Arbroath or Hibs" will be drawn against Spartans and Allan Moore will chase the glory of reaching the last 4, put his best team out in the Hibs replay and knacker them out before the trip to Berwick, closely followed by the rescheduled Rovers match.

It won't even be close in the end.

Arbroath will draw with Hibs in the Scottish Cup in a few weeks, "Arbroath or Hibs" will be drawn against Spartans and Allan Moore will chase the glory of reaching the last 4, put his best team out in the Hibs replay and knacker them out before the trip to Berwick, closely followed by the rescheduled Rovers match.

It won't even be close in the end.

sounds vaguely familiar...

I admit it- I'm Mark McGuigan's unlucky charm. Whenever I miss a game, the guy seems to score.

The concession of goals concerns me, and the inclusion of Mullin is a worry as I insist we have several more reliable left backs in the squad, but I believe Rovers fans have every reason to be confident at this important time in the season. While Arbroath (or "Heads Gone F.C." as they may soon be re-badged) are quaking in their boots, we're doing what champions do and picking up the points- seemingly even when we're not on a game. When the Smokies stop running scared and finally ready to arrange a fixture against us we'll win the psychological battle there and then.

There's also the comfort of knowing John Gemmell will be fresh and rested to tear their patchwork defence to shreds.

Mullen was worth his weight in gold to AR yesterday, He blocked 2 goal bound efforts and kicked one of the line.

We should have got a point from that.

We didn't, and the trouble deepens.

Based on current form, and the way the club has been going the past five seasons, for me it's a case of when the club is relegated, not if.

My report is here: http://groaninjock.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/season-20142015-match-8-montrose-3.html

Archived