Foods Which Divide Opinion

Divisive Foods  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh thank you for bringing this to my attention. I love cashew nuts as well as crunchy peanut butter. That said, I like Irn Bru and Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes but wouldn't mix them together.

However... 'Cashew peanut spread'. How does that work? Peanut-cashew combo or false advertising?

French Toast? Not a chance. The only thing wrong with it is when people call it 'eggy bread' or, as someone called it on here 'eggy dip dip'

Hey hey hey, somebody used the word 'chippy' earlier in the thread and I refrained from starting chaos. Thank **** sausages in all their forms are universally loved.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Now see, green olives are excellent - especially the ones with jalapeno stuffed inside and ice cold vodka wrapped around them.

Black olives though; they're just nasty.

This chap knows the score. Green olives are the bomb (especially sans the stone). Black olives are minging. And why do you only ever get black olives on a pizza?

Anyway, to sum up, Cardinal Richelieu doesn't like the blacks.

Seeing as Burn's Night is almost upon us, it's only a matter of time until the haggis haters come out.

My only hate is that many see it as a Burn's Night thing rather than a meal you can have fairly frequently all year round. Haggis is the business. Spicy haggis suppers are well up there too.

Haggis with baked beans is brilliant.

Mushrooms are the devil's work

Haggis burritos/tacos >

You missed haggis pakoras.

Anyway, 100 votes now, exactly the same number of votes for and against brussel sprouts (39). Officially the most equally divisive so far. I refuse to believe 4 people have never had them though. <_<

Eta: What are people's views on bananas btw? It seems to be the only common food type which I don't like. Nothing to do with the texture, the taste just has my stomach churning. If there's a single bit of banana in a fruit salad then I'll know it's there even if I can't see it as it seems to infect the rest of it. Strangely enough, dried banana is perfectly fine. Thankfully anything that's 'banana flavour' has never seen a banana in it's life so doesn't really taste of it.

Foam bananas are pretty damn good though, which also brings me onto sweeties... who are the blackjack / liquorice / quality street coffee haters amongst us? Regarding the latter, I'll admit to being one of those so called c***s who'll eat other sweet types at the start and then be left with a pile of coffees just for me. It's not my fault others are picky.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Liver - minging

Marmite -minging

Sprouts - we have sprouts almost every night. Never understood the "only Xmas" line

Olives - love green hate black. Unless they are on a pizza then I enjoy them.

Prawns - love prawns cold but if they are hot (pizza or curry etc) they are minging.

Pineapple - minging hot and cold.

Eggs - I take 3 hard boiled eggs to my work everyday for lunch. Love egg no matter how it's cooked.

I can't stand any fruit flavoured chocolate. Nothing worse than a strawberry at orange flavoured quality street.

Eta - I love mushrooms and haggis. Try a haggis and cheese toastie and thank me later!

Edited by andyh

There's only a few things I wouldn't touch. Pineapple in juice form is fine, but there's something about the texture of the actual fruit that sicks me out. Obvious ones like tripe and liver are no-nos, but the thing that makes me heave is gloopy tuna mayonnaise. Again, I quite like tuna in steak form, but I guess I've just cleaned up too much cat sick over the years to go for tuna mayo.