Foods Which Divide Opinion

Divisive Foods  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mushrooms are the most vile food in the world. Horrible, horrible things. They taste rank, smell worse and are slimey texture. The only food that if someone makes me dinner and there part of it I point blank refuse too eat.

Liver isn't nice, marmite is excellent on toast and sprouts I'll only at as part of Christmas dinner but if I never had another sprout again I wouldn't bother.

Because most modern cheeses have no flavour. Except of course, blue cheese, which I note, you're also down on. Branston pickle makes the sandwich.

Aye, it makes the sandwich completely inedible. There's plenty of tasty cheeses out there.

Posh school. In my day, we were so hungry etc. etc.

Let me guess, you also had to walk barefoot to school, in the snow.

I drink the blood of my enemies.

Make enemies with women and your thirst will be quenched.

Next, you'll be telling us you don't eat toe jam.

You got me there, who wouldn't, especially accompanied with belly button fluff.

Two things: firstly, you've obviously been exposed to the wrong type of cheeses. Rule of thumb - if plastic is involved in the wrapping, you're liable to be disappointed.

Secondly, cheese is not supposed to be eaten at fridge levels of coldness - let it get to room temperature and you'll think a gang of angels are dancing on your tongue.

I base these statements on my favoured cheeses - decent Cheddar, Leicester, Edam, Jarlsberg, Emmenthal, Dunlop, and most definitely soft cheeses like Brie.

Some cheeses, mind, are absolutely vile - very often the ones with the veiny look about them.

ETA: reply is to the original poster, not the responder. Doh!

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Mushrooms are the most vile food in the world. Horrible, horrible things. They taste rank, smell worse and are slimey texture. The only food that if someone makes me dinner and there part of it I point blank refuse too eat.

Liver isn't nice, marmite is excellent on toast and sprouts I'll only at as part of Christmas dinner but if I never had another sprout again I wouldn't bother.

I like mushrooms, particularly if I'm having a fry.

Two things: firstly, you've obviously been exposed to the wrong type of cheeses. Rule of thumb - if plastic is involved in the wrapping, you're liable to be disappointed.

Secondly, cheese is not supposed to be eaten at fridge levels of coldness - let it get to room temperature and you'll think a gang of angels are dancing on your tongue.

I base these statements on my favoured cheeses - decent Cheddar, Leicester, Edam, Jarlsberg, Emmenthal, Dunlop, and most definitely soft cheeses like Brie.

Some cheeses, mind, are absolutely vile - very often the ones with the veiny look about them.

ETA: reply is to the original poster, not the responder. Doh!

You know the score, however, where do you stand on Branston pickle?

Seeing as Burn's Night is almost upon us, it's only a matter of time until the haggis haters come out.

My only hate is that many see it as a Burn's Night thing rather than a meal you can have fairly frequently all year round. Haggis is the business. Spicy haggis suppers are well up there too.

I miss them - even after 40 + years.

No real argument there but when it comes to catered cheese sandwiches, as at the training lunches 50 / 50 is referring too, how often do good quality cheeses like these show up? In almost every case, those will be the plastic wrapped, cheese-like food products to which you refer.

And which would be vastly improved by the addition of Branston pickle.

Aww, and we were doing so well. ;)

I like liver but only if it's well done. I like kidney also. I've had cow's heart once, years ago. Thought it was nice but very strong taste. Love sprouts also. Don't mind marmite but don't actively purchase or consume it. Love olives, especially black, but a lot of people hate them.

I think pineapple and grapefruit are the only fruits I hate.

I hate raw celery but don't mind it in stews and soups.

Growing up, used to hate cabbage and turnips, absolutely would not touch them, but quite like them now.

Tried anchovies from a tin once out of curiosity as I heard it mentioned on US TV and movies etc but I think I spat it out straight away - wasn't expecting it to be as salty (or hairy!) as it was. Think I got a fright, maybe I might like it now.

What about Beetroot lads? Big fan of it here. Crinkle cut stuff out the jar is often a late snack for me. So many people hate it for some reason, freaks.

Beetroot, never out a jar, for me roasted with parsnips, onions, superb

What about Beetroot lads? Big fan of it here. Crinkle cut stuff out the jar is often a late snack for me.So many people hate it for some reason, freaks.

In very small doses, as part of a salad plate or something. My folks would eat fucking jars of the stuff which I wouldn't be able to stomach.

Aussies put slices of beetroot in their hamburgers.......fucked up!

In very small doses, as part of a salad plate or something. My folks would eat fucking jars of the stuff which I wouldn't be able to stomach.

Never tried that Ecto boy in my work always going on about it though will need to test it out.

I lived in Oz! Haha Beetroot on burgers wasn't weird in comparison to Kangaroo/Ostrich/Crocodile which I tried when over there, all delicious.

Our local chippy (across from the beach!!!!!) also had signs out saying 'Shark caught locally' which was quite strange, stopping yer swimming in the sea and popping across the road for some shark that was caught no far from where you'd just been! Shark was tremendous aswell. :P

The 'Aussie Burger' from Roo's Leap (Montrose / Aviemore) is one of my favourite feeds. Basically a bacon cheeseburger but with the addition of beetroot, pineapple an onion ring and a fried egg.

Actually, I'm booking a table now...

^^^ Not Super Mario

I fucking hate prawns. They are the insects of the sea, utterly vile.

I also detest melon, I don't know why. The taste is just... Ugh. Can't explain.

Pineapple is glorious - one of my absolutely favourite foods. Adding it to pizza ought to be punishable by hanging however.

The three in the poll are all rank, but I'd eat them over prawns any day.