Foods Which Divide Opinion

Divisive Foods  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just discovered chicken and pineapple on a pizza recently, it's shit hot. Got funny looks from my mates when I got it Saturday, they tried a slice and they couldn't get enough of it.

Great pizza topping.

What?! I thought chicken and pineapple was a classic staple of the pizza world.

Sadly my other half isn't so keen on the pineapple but I've got her slowly coming around to it. Hopefully it's not too long term a project which I will succeed in.

Eta: This is with regards to pizza toppings, nothing to do with inserting pineapples into body orifices which other P&B threads may make reference to.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Ham and pineapple on a pizza is the bollocks.

Haven't seen Marmite on sale here but Vegemite is obtainable so I have a jar in the cupboard. Mrs Shotgun has outlawed sprouts and liver though so I haven't had either of them in for-ages.

What?! I thought chicken and pineapple was a classic staple of the pizza world.

Sadly my other half isn't so keen on the pineapple but I've got her slowly coming around to it. Hopefully it's not too long term a project which I will succeed in.

Eta: This is with regards to pizza toppings, nothing to do with inserting pineapples into body orifices which other P&B threads may make reference to.

Good lad. Well played Shotgun also. Yous kehn the script.

Food that should be outlawed -

Any meat from a tin.

Baked beans.

Black pudding.

Mushrooms.

Branston pickle.

All great. I love beans that much I eat some cold when waiting on the rest heating up.

Don't even have to describe why Black Puddings great, it just is.

Mushrooms are delicious especially fried or in batter.

Branson pickle and cheese sandwiches are heavenly.

Lost the plot son.

Another ace pizza topping which splits opinion: anchovies.

Most 90s kids have probably been socially conditioned into hating these by this guy:

Michaelangelo1.jpg

Anchovies straight from the tin is one of my guilty pleasures. I'm sure the future gout will be well worth it.

Not big on hairy fish tbh. (Yes, there's an obvious joke in there for anyone who wants it).

How Ev Urr...

Last weekend I made a stew in the slow cooker and the recipe called for the last minute addition of a sauce made with garlic, dijon mustard, parsley, red wine vinegar and...anchovies.

And it was brill.

All great. I love beans that much I eat some cold when waiting on the rest heating up.

Don't even have to describe why Black Puddings great, it just is.

Mushrooms are delicious especially fried or in batter.

Branson pickle and cheese sandwiches are heavenly.

Lost the plot son.

Why ruin a perfectly good cheese sandwich by putting that shite on it? I hate when they do that at training course lunches.

Beans remind me of the plastic tub you had to scrape your plate into at the end of school dinners.

Black pudding is blood, wrong on many levels.

Mushrooms are a fungus, nothing fungal should be consumed.

Last weekend I made a stew in the slow cooker and the recipe called for the last minute addition of a sauce made with garlic, dijon mustard, parsley, red wine vinegar and...anchovies.

And it was brill.

A Brill's a completely different type of fish from an anchovy though.

Beans remind me of the plastic tub you had to scrape your plate into at the end of school dinners.

Although beans are tasty, there is nothing worse, and I mean nothing worse, than having to scrape cold baked beans into a white plastic bag. This is why scaffy bags are always black.

nothing fungal should be consumed.

No real ales for you then seeing as most still have some yeast in them. Unlucky.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Why ruin a perfectly good cheese sandwich by putting that shite on it? I hate when they do that at training course lunches.

Because most modern cheeses have no flavour. Except of course, blue cheese, which I note, you're also down on. Branston pickle makes the sandwich.

Posh school. In my day, we were so hungry etc. etc.

Black pudding is blood, wrong on many levels.

I drink the blood of my enemies.

Mushrooms are a fungus, nothing fungal should be consumed.

Next, you'll be telling us you don't eat toe jam.

Seeing as Burn's Night is almost upon us, it's only a matter of time until the haggis haters come out.

My only hate is that many see it as a Burn's Night thing rather than a meal you can have fairly frequently all year round. Haggis is the business. Spicy haggis suppers are well up there too.

Seeing as Burn's Night is almost upon us, it's only a matter of time until the haggis haters come out.

My only hate is that many see it as a Burn's Night thing rather than a meal you can have fairly frequently all year round. Haggis is the business. Spicy haggis suppers are well up there too.

I had haggis tonight. McIntosh microwaved packet stuff. It truly is outstanding. Vegetarian stuff is shit hot too.

Every travel show, every history documentary, every golf tournament which requires an American to visit Scotland means that we have to have to have to have the ingredients of haggis listed out. Close up of the presenter grimacing as he tastes this vile concoction before conceding "You know, it's not bad."

Every...single...fucking time.

I've yet to hear an American do a feature on the ingredients of hot dogs. Because of course, they're made from filet mignon.

Because most modern cheeses have no flavour. Except of course, blue cheese, which I note, you're also down on. Branston pickle makes the sandwich.

Aye, it makes the sandwich completely inedible. There's plenty of tasty cheeses out there.

Posh school. In my day, we were so hungry etc. etc.

Let me guess, you also had to walk barefoot to school, in the snow.

I drink the blood of my enemies.

Make enemies with women and your thirst will be quenched.

Next, you'll be telling us you don't eat toe jam.

You got me there, who wouldn't, especially accompanied with belly button fluff.