He's got an excellent combination of strength and pace, with his overlapping ability you've got a real flair player who can run all day long. Defensively he's pretty decent too, a bit like Evra in his early Man U days really.

He's got an excellent combination of strength and pace, with his overlapping ability you've got a real flair player who can run all day long. Defensively he's pretty decent too, a bit like Evra in his early Man U days really.

ok

If you watch the highlights of the most recent Ayr v Airdrie game you'll see him make a defense splitting run to set up the second goal and then a deft flick to tap in the 3rd......

You do him a bit of a disservice there: you neglected to mention that he set up the foul for the third, thereby both starting and finishing the move.

McKinlay was pretty decent at Morton in a six month spell a few seasons back, to the extent that many were surprised that he wasn't offerred a new deal. I quite liked him, he was aggressive, a good tackler and liked to get forward from left back.

We never EVER saw any of that, he was injured a lot of the time and when he was fit he thought he was 10 times the footballer he was, I remember one of the first times I saw him, he was caught in possession and had one real option and that was to put it up the side terrace, he opted to try a step-over and beat the oncoming player............it didn't work out for him

He was ok at the simple stuff but thought he was a cut above doing the simple stuff

We never EVER saw any of that, he was injured a lot of the time and when he was fit he thought he was 10 times the footballer he was, I remember one of the first times I saw him, he was caught in possession and had one real option and that was to put it up the side terrace, he opted to try a step-over and beat the oncoming player............it didn't work out for him

He was ok at the simple stuff but thought he was a cut above doing the simple stuff

He was Jackson Longridge without the ability.

The only think Longridge has shown at Stranraer so far is that he can run.

Can't tackle and his distribution is nowhere near consistent enough.

I missed his debut for Ayr and fans were raving about him, I saw his second game and he looked a bit lost but had a couple of decent moments, he then got sent off in the play-offs about 20min into the game

Roberts gave him about 3 games in two years after that so I wasn't overly bothered when he left, I hadn't seen anything to suggest he was worthy of playing at this level, mainly down to not seeing much of him at all

Archived