Who's going to win the East super league ?

its only a game

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Points on the board mean everything. I'd guess Kelty have 10 games left if they were to win the Fife and Lothans. The Rose would really struggle to challenge if they were flying but they're not. With potential for about 23 or 24 games I'd concentrate on winning 3. :)

eta - the right 3 obviously rather than any random 3.

Kelty have 6 games left. 3 Wins will be enough.

I think you are wrong and if the Kelty players were to think that then they would be in trouble. This will go to the wire and any slip may prove costly let alone three. What I will say, today's result might be the one that keeps Kelty fully focused on the run in.

Lithgae only have 13 games and would need 9 wins and a draw. They have very difficult run in. In all 3 cups and will be playing 3 games a week for at least a month. Fancy a wager they will get 60 ??

I've looked at the table and they've took everybody's results against the Rovers away but left the max points column the same as if it was a 16 team league. We've had the difficult run in before so I don't see why we can't do it again. If we keep a fit squad and stay clear of suspensions, then it's possible. I'll have a tenner with you neebs. Bring it to Lithgae on Sunday 07 June and you can buy me a pint while we're waiting on the open top bus coming doon the high street.

I've looked at the table and they've took everybody's results against the Rovers away but left the max points column the same as if it was a 16 team league

Thanks for pointing that out. Taking the 6 points off the max makes it more likely that 60 points will be enough.

The league table seldom lies - points in the bag are always better than games in hand. So fair play to Kelty on being in the position they are.

The chasing teams have all still to play each other. We have 2 games against both Bo'ness and Newtongrange to play 12 points from these games alone will be a big ask.

So realistically to challenge we/or one of the other challengers would probably need to win nearly everyone of the remaining league games still to play.

Here are the remaining league fixtures for the 4 sides currently fighting it out for the title, additional info regarding the teams involvement in the cups included as these may also have a bearing on the outcome of the Title down the stretch.

Update:

More twists & turns in an eventful day where all four contenders were in play.

Bo`ness Utd won 2-0 away to Linlithgow Rose in their local derby.

Newtongrange Star were held at home to Fauldhouse Utd, the match ending 2-2.

Kelty Hearts showed character to win 2-1 away to Scottish Cup semi finalists Musselburgh Athletic.

Kelty Hearts : 55 Points: 5 Games To Play: Goal Difference + 37 : Max Possible Points: 70

Home: 3

H.O.B - BO`NESS - CAMELON

Away: 2

LOCHEE UTD - BONNYRIGG

Other Competitions:

Scottish Cup / No ......East Of Scotland Cup / No......Fife & Lothian`s Cup / Yes

Linlithgow Rose : 32 Points : 12 Games To Play: Goal Difference + 21: Max Possible Points : 68

MUSSELBURGH - NEWTONGRANGE - BONNYRIGG

Away: 9

NEWTONGRANGE - PENICUIK - BO`NESS - MUSSELBURGH - BROXBURN - H.O.B - ARMADALE - FAULDHOUSE - CARNOUSTIE

Other Competitions:

Scottish Cup / Yes..... East Of Scotland Cup / Yes......Fife & Lothian`s Cup / Yes

Bo`ness Utd : 39 Points: 10 Games To Play: Goal Difference + 25: Max Possible Points: 69

LINLITHGOW - NEWTONGRANGE - LOCHEE UTD

Away: 7

KELTY - MUSSELBURGH -CARNOUSTIE - ARMADALE - FAULDHOUSE - SAUCHIE - H.O.B

Other Competitions:

Scottish Cup / No.......East Of Scotland Cup / Yes.......Fife & Lothian`s Cup / Yes

Newtongrange Star: 37 Points: 11 Games To Play: Goal Difference + 18: Max Possible Points: 70

Home: 5

LINLITHGOW - BROXBURN - CARNOUSTIE - H.O.B - ARMADALE

Away: 6

BONNYRIGG - SAUCHIE - BO`NESS - MUSSELBURGH - LOCHEE UTD - LINLITHGOW

Other Competitions:

Scottish Cup / No......East Of Scotland Cup / Yes...... Fife & Lothian`s Cup / Yes

Archived