Who's going to win the East super league ?

its only a game

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brycey, you could give you thoughts as nobody apart from me will be able to understand them!

People have told me Kelty are good but as the lad above said, they huffed against what was an understandably, very defensively set up Hoose that day. A good bunch of fans though who stood beside us in the shed and gave as good as they got. Up there this weekend so will be in a better position to judge them... although I hope they still struggle and we get something!! I am really surprised to hear peoples opinions as on what I saw, Nitten were head and shoulders above anyone we played.. and I don't see it through Hoose coloured glasses as I tend to watch the other team's good players etc.. they had strength, movement and goal threat as well as composure, structure, skill and ability... maybe we caught them on a good day but they could have taken 10 off us and I couldn't have complained..

the top 4 hae sum belters still tae play afro kelty hae aboot the best run in oot them awe a think a wid rekon the hoose will need another defensive set up sat tae b in wae a shout crackin set up at kelty braw park pies tae dye for fae the lokal bootchers a wee club tae its the hause thers twae guys a ken hoor oan the commitie big angus n paddy aye a richt pair o charlies lol nitten will gaun awe the way if they beleeve n want the title crackin squad theyve got 2 boness very strong oufit hoo when they cut loose play some crackin fitba hard tae c them gettin beet at hame tbh ontae lithgae the games in hand coodl prove crucial n lookin at there fixtures probably the hardest run in o the 4 teems in contenshun aye gonna b yin hell o a battle awe the way for the top 4 a feest o fitba oan the way guys

Always take views of who is the best side seen with a small pinch of salt, my own included.

Any amount of variables can decide how a match ends up after 90 mins.

How have the teams set up against opponents on the day? did they sit in against one side then attempt to play an expansive game against another?

Individual battles: A wide attacking player from one side may resign a certain full back to the obituary column one week then be totally dominated by a stronger defender from another side the next, this scenario applies to every position on the park and is crucial to the outcome of games.

Form cycles: Some teams may have started the season well for any number of reasons then find a few of their players going off the boil, those who encountered them early doors are left scratching their heads when they are beaten later on from teams at the bottom end of the table everyone thought they should be beating.

Other sides will come on strong later on in the season who may have been trained differently... or to peak at the right time.

For the latter to happen however there has to be the utmost confidence in the squad assembled at the beginning of the season.

Nitten are the best side I've seen this season

Always take views of who is the best side seen with a small pinch of salt, my own included.

Any amount of variables can decide how a match ends up after 90 mins.

How have the teams set up against opponents on the day? did they sit in against one side then attempt to play an expansive game against another?

Individual battles: A wide attacking player from one side may resign a certain full back to the obituary column one week then be totally dominated by a stronger defender from another side the next, this scenario applies to every position on the park and is crucial to the outcome of games.

Form cycles: Some teams may have started the season well for any number of reasons then find a few of their players going off the boil, those who encountered them early doors are left scratching their heads when they are beaten later on from teams at the bottom end of the table everyone thought they should be beating.

Other sides will come on strong later on in the season who may have been trained differently... or to peak at the right time.

For the latter to happen however there has to be the utmost confidence in the squad assembled at the beginning of the season.

interestin points there mac n also a very accurate analysis of all the factors that can prevail over the whole season the east superleague is top drawer and the amount of must see matches in the offing in the run in to the title am sure will keep the fans well entertained

Kelty or Nitten winning it would be a breath of fresh air! Going to be a real close one with Linlithgow having probably the hardest run in. I think if the two new signings at Kelty hit the ground running it will be their season, Nitten will be there at the end too.

interestin points there mac n also a very accurate analysis of all the factors that can prevail over the whole season the east superleague is top drawer and the amount of must see matches in the offing in the run in to the title am sure will keep the fans well entertained

The east superleague is great value for money for all the supporters that go along to watch brycey.

To be able to take in great competitive matches every week for a fraction of the cost of following a senior club is a no brainer really.

The facilities are gradually being improved at some grounds as well, noticed Fauldhouse have put up a stand behind the goal at the car park end on the recent video against H.O.B on Affinity TV and have also done some work improving the bar area at the club etc.

The Hearts ground will probably be unrecognisable to many next season as there are to be many improvements made to central Park as part of a community centre and sports complex venture.The new Hearts social club at the ground is due to be opened on Feb 14th as well so the boys there are doing a great job trying to improve things off the park as well as on it.

The transformation at Kelty both on and off the park in the last eighteen months is incredible.................committee deserve huge praise and should be applauded for recognizing and dealing with the main issues. ...............none more so than the removal of the previous manager and the appointment of Tam Courts.

The transformation at Kelty both on and off the park in the last eighteen months is incredible.................committee deserve huge praise and should be applauded for recognizing and dealing with the main issues. ...............none more so than the removal of the previous manager and the appointment of Tam Courts.

finally agree on something glens were nearly relegated because of willie newbiggin kelty had a lucky escape

the top 4 hae sum belters still tae play afro kelty hae aboot the best run in oot them awe a think a wid rekon the hoose will need another defensive set up sat tae b in wae a shout crackin set up at kelty braw park pies tae dye for fae the lokal bootchers a wee club tae its the hause thers twae guys a ken hoor oan the commitie big angus n paddy aye a richt pair o charlies lol nitten will gaun awe the way if they beleeve n want the title crackin squad theyve got 2 boness very strong oufit hoo when they cut loose play some crackin fitba hard tae c them gettin beet at hame tbh ontae lithgae the games in hand coodl prove crucial n lookin at there fixtures probably the hardest run in o the 4 teems in contenshun aye gonna b yin hell o a battle awe the way for the top 4 a feest o fitba oan the way guys

Agreed.

There was no relegation that season due to league reconstuction...........Willie was working with players brought to the club by the chairman.

very aware of that thats why a said nearly but just because there was no relegation dont mean finnishing 2nd bottom is alright if he was a good manager he would have won more than just the 2 games against the bottom side dont tell me it was dougies fault either because he had a good side when he took over at kelty and still never won a game

You're arguing with yourself monarch........nobody at Kelty cares about WN

He's not at Glenrothes anymore either and their still second bottom thanks to Bawbag...................will never get anywhere near the Super League again either while Dougie is calling the shots.

Motg do you forget Wullie is a back to back super league winning manager....He had a decent squad at Glenrothes and picked good teams just players didn't get results on the park so why keep pointing the finger at him and long term injuries to key players didn't help

History tells us that Linlithgow or Bo'ness will up the pressure in the last third of the season. They do it time and time again, with only Bonnyrigg outwith them winning it over the last 7 years or so. They win the games that count against the other teams, and grind out hard fought narrow wins when it seems like they might drop points.

Can see it happening again.

If i had to bet, i would go with Bo'ness. Although as others have said it would be good if Nitten or Kelty won it.

Motg do you forget Wullie is a back to back super league winning manager....He had a decent squad at Glenrothes and picked good teams just players didn't get results on the park so why keep pointing the finger at him and long term injuries to key players didn't help

Monarchs nose was knocked out of joint while Willie was at Glenrothes mate...................he prefered bawbags amateurish style of management.

Archived