Who's going to win the East super league ?

its only a game

Lithgae or BU. If Kelty or the Star win it, I'll punch myself in the face ten times.

Linlithgow massive favourites with Coyne in hot form. I don't think any team I have seen can keep him under control and unless he is signed by a league team (again cant see him going) then he is going to score 75% of Lithgows goals.

Kelty 2nd favourites. Probably the best squad in the league. Kepping them happy maybe a tough challenge. The signing of Currie will add another danger to their play. If they can get the striker back in the goals (last league goal 15th November) then they will run very close. Goals everywhere you look in their team.

Bo'ness 3rd favourites. Most attacking team i have seen this season. Slow starters in terms of 1st half goals. but as with Kelty very good squad with 13 of them scoring in the league. If Gribben or someone else goaes on a hot scoring streak then again they will be up there. Top league scorer has just 4 goals though. Only team in the East leagues not to have a league game called off before it starts

Outsiders: Penicuik - They should at least be on 30 points in the games i have seen. Last second goal lost the other week, Boness had 10 men for most of the 2nd half and were unlucky I thought in other games. just played too many games i think. Good draws against Kelty and Bo'ness show they are a good side.

Nitten. Good side questionable if they have the belief. They have by some margin the best skilled squad in the league which makes you wonder why they dont think they can do it. If Kelty hadnt made such a great start then they would be clear - like they were last season! If they win it, it will be because other sides have lost it. I will happily punch Gudderman in the face 10 times if they do - although i think his coupon will be safe. As will mine Linlithgow in October!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Kelty to edge it some will say because they dropped points against sauchie and penicuik and lost at Bo'ness they are losing momentum from their start but I think it will depend if Linlithgows luck runs out. Kelty being out the scottish might be an advantage to them aswell.

Luck? We lost against Kelty when we had a man sent off in the first 5 mins...then we have scored 17 goals in the four games since...17 goals all lucky!

Doesnt bother me the topic is whos going to win east super league in the two games against camelon they were poor. It took luck to turn 2nd game. The first game at prestonfield they played about a lot in middle of park going no where they just dont impress me. In saying that boness were poor against us too. Kelty look stronger they are out the scottish i think theyll win the league

Never said the four goals were lucky game was poised at 2-1 when you got a dodgy penalty and the keeper sent off which changed the game. You struggled to beat a poor team that was missing the usual keeper experienced centre half and main central midfielder

Dry them. That's where a decent squad comes in to play.

Why does it always have to be bitter with your lot. I said at the time rose were better team. Boness fans accepted we could have got a draw against them. Yous wonder why everyone else says rosefansare ignorant and think have the right and think they dominate everything. We are poor sidebut its a poor rose side compared to rose teams of passed and if rose win the league kelty will have done a bathgate and threw it away

Why does it always have to be bitter with your lot. I said at the time rose were better team. Boness fans accepted we could have got a draw against them. Yous wonder why everyone else says rosefansare ignorant and think have the right and think they dominate everything. We are poor sidebut its a poor rose side compared to rose teams of passed and if rose win the league kelty will have done a bathgate and threw it away

Not bitter mate. You said we scored 4 lucky goals against you and had a prolonged whinge. I'm accepting of the fact that yous could've came back into that match but yous didnae and we went on and scored another couple.

I don't think we have the right to dominate everything. It's only been since Sinnet came in that we won anything of real substance and set the standard for all future players and managers so, while I know we don't have a right to win everything, I expect a high level of success.

The Rose are in their first full season with Danny at the wheel so I would imagine that a bit of time would be required for the players to buy into his ideas and get used to his methods. This doesn't happen overnight and a top two finish with a good run in the Scottish will be a good return for him.

Kelty are 6 points ahead of the Rose and have played three games more. If the Rose win the three games in hand and have a good run til the end of the season, then they will have deserved it and not a case of Kelty throwing it away. There's still a long way to go so saying, at this stage of the season about teams throwing it away is daft.

Can you let it go noo neebs. The game is in the past. Hopefully your players haven't mulled over it as much.

Archived