Dundee fans in vile attack on players celebrating cancer success

Is there a low that Dundee fans will not stoop to?

Dundee United players celebrating the all clear being given to a team mate diagnosed with skin cancer had a vile and unprovoked attack launched upon them from Dundee fans. One source described the tirade as "shocking abuse" and all this just hours after raising tens of thousands of pounds for local charities.

The modicum expected of Dundee FC would be to come out and condemn the actions of their fans yet it remains silent.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dundee-united-stars-nadir-ciftci-5007293

Tremendous story thanks for bringing it to my attention result get those DABS sorted right out!!!

Let me get this clear...the United players weren't abused during a charity dinner, so this amounts to nothing other than a nightclub scuffle, right?

Yup.

I got my teeth knocked out in Edinburgh last year only 2 years after I had ran the Glasgow half marathon to raise money for Yorkhill Children's Hospital - what kind of sick animal does that?

I don't think anyone is suggesting they were. Certainly not the first post nor does the article published.

So it's nothing more than a nightclub scuffle, as I suggested.

Dundee FC has nothing to atone for.

You are an arse.

So it's nothing more than a nightclub scuffle, as I suggested.

The story is entirely as it is reported, both in the thread an in the linked article. You have locked this thread because you don't like it, not because it's erroneous.

This is quite a line to cross as a moderator.

However, as you are a moderator I am will acquiesce to your will but I certainly don't agree with your reasoning.

However, as you are a moderator I am will acquiesce to your will but I certainly don't agree with your reasoning.

But not before you get the last word in. Take a time out, pal.

Archived