Dundee fans in vile attack on players celebrating cancer success

Is there a low that Dundee fans will not stoop to?

Dundee United players celebrating the all clear being given to a team mate diagnosed with skin cancer had a vile and unprovoked attack launched upon them from Dundee fans. One source described the tirade as "shocking abuse" and all this just hours after raising tens of thousands of pounds for local charities.

The modicum expected of Dundee FC would be to come out and condemn the actions of their fans yet it remains silent.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dundee-united-stars-nadir-ciftci-5007293

That article reminds me of Paul Paton pre-season when he was on Twitter giving it big licks and playing the victim about some Dundee fans that abused him whilst he was on holiday and how he sorted them out. Hastily then deleted all of the said tweets when it was later revealed that it was his own fans. :lol:

A further comment - my brother witnessed this and yes the abuse was shocking, and no, it wasnt just Dundee fans. One person in particular is a Dundee fan and he is the same knob that tried to run on the pitch during the cup derby so has a bit of previous with Bilate.

One important observation from him though is that one of the Utd players took the first physical action that escalated the issue.

I won't condemn them for it, I think most people would bite at some of the abuse I was told about to be fair and if I was a Utd fan my only concern would be why their players keep putting themselves in this situation.

There is literally 0 negative connotations for Dundee FC in this whole story.

Seethe away though Ric ;)

Is there a low that Dundee fans will not stoop to?

Dundee United players celebrating the all clear being given to a team mate diagnosed with skin cancer had a vile and unprovoked attack launched upon them from Dundee fans. One source described the tirade as "shocking abuse" and all this just hours after raising tens of thousands of pounds for local charities.

The modicum expected of Dundee FC would be to come out and condemn the actions of their fans yet it remains silent.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dundee-united-stars-nadir-ciftci-5007293

What a sad b*****d you are.

Deefiant, on 20 Jan 2015 - 11:51, said:

A further comment - my brother witnessed this and yes the abuse was shocking, and no, it wasnt just Dundee fans. One person in particular is a Dundee fan and he is the same knob that tried to run on the pitch during the cup derby so has a bit of previous with Bilate.

One important observation from him though is that one of the Utd players took the first physical action that escalated the issue.

I won't condemn them for it, I think most people would bite at some of the abuse I was told about to be fair and if I was a Utd fan my only concern would be why their players keep putting themselves in this situation.

Despite their fans attacking players who had just raised thousands of pounds for local charities? Perhaps shame has a different definition in Dundee than it does in the rest of the country.

Who is seething? I'm merely reporting the news. If your fans are incapable of restraining their vitriol that is clearly an issue. One that perhaps the police should look into. It's not as if they do not know their way to your ground.

You've got my name wrong though. No matter how many times you write it.

What a sad b*****d you are.

For reporting the news? You must live in a little bubble of ignorance in order to avoid stories you don't like. :(

Using cancer as a cheap attempt at point scoring on the internet.

Every action, as Newton went on to describe. If the Dundee fans hadn't launched a vile attack then there would be no story here.

Despite their fans attacking players who had just raised thousands of pounds for local charities? Perhaps shame has a different definition in Dundee than it does in the rest of the country.

Who is seething? I'm merely reporting the news. If your fans are incapable of restraining their vitriol that is clearly an issue. One that perhaps the police should look into. It's not as if they do not know their way to your ground.

You've got my name wrong though. No matter how many times you write it.

You just keep adding the "raised thousands for charity bit" to emote the subject. What does that even have to do with the incident?

For reporting the news? You must live in a little bubble of ignorance in order to avoid stories you don't like. :(

Every action, as Newton went on to describe. If the Dundee fans hadn't launched a vile attack then there would be no story here.

Can you point out the correlation between the cancer charity dinner and the brawl please? Otherwise it looks like you've just fired cancer in the thread title in a sick bid to troll Dundee fans.

I sense another banning in the offing for this saddo.

Archived