Accies v ICT

I agree, but as I've said on here previously, it's not the defeats that are the problem (realistically, we are going to lose our fair share of games in this division) but the manner of the defeats. Some players look like they have chucked it and the team is flat and lacking fight. That is, rightly IMO, going to piss people off.

Who do you think has chucked it? I would say a few players are struggling to get their previous form back, including Andreu, but I would say absolutely no one has chucked it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought we had not a bad first half but for all the effort we never really looked like scoring. second half Inverness just bossed the game and the end result was predictable. I'm not going to have a go at Swailes and Beuzelin as it was obvious that Franke and I assume Martin were running the show. I'm looking for their impact next week. Saving graces County, Midden and the Smell all lost so wherever we end up we should still be safe. Negatives? Great to have 10 p admission and the public responded but judging by the way a lot of them disappeared like water off a ducks back after the second goal they won't be back which kinda shoots the club in the foot. I want to see the club get back in with a decent bid for Loy. he scored a cracker for Falkirk today by all accounts and hope to see a better organised Accies for next Saturday.

Maybe a bit harsh to call the whole Hamilton performance a shambles. Canning obviously set out with a game plan of trying to press us high up the park and stop us establishing any sort of fluent passing game - this worked very well for County in the first half of our first game against them this season, and for Partick in both of our games against them so far. It worked insofar as we created absolutely nothing and looked shaky for most of the first half, but unlike Partick, Accies didn't seem to have anything at all up front when they turned their pressure into possession.

It's probably hard to keep this up for a whole game, and it felt like we pretty much controlled the second half. Don't really see how Gillespie can be blamed for the opener: it was a freak bounce off McGovern and came about through great tenacity from Shinnie, who was one of our most effective players today. The second was a lovely piece of team play - great to see Mckay putting the ball on a plate for Ross rather than trying to increase his own goalscoring tally, and Ross justified his faith with a crisp finish.

Really good to see a 5000+ crowd turn up today to take advantage of the 10p deal, and hopefully the collection buckets outside did good business. There were, inevitably, a fair few fannies there who clearly turned up to tell Dougie Imrie that he was a c**t and to evaluate his mother, and who left as soon as the second goal went in, but there were also people who had obviously put a bit of effort into being there - noticed a boy in a United scarf and another in a Carlisle kit in our end.

On the basis of today, suspect it will be hard for Hamilton to stay in touch with the current top four, but would hope that this isn't the start of freefall and that they can consolidate a top six place.

It's probably hard to keep this up for a whole game, and it felt like we pretty much controlled the second half. Don't really see how Gillespie can be blamed for the opener: it was a freak bounce off McGovern and came about through great tenacity from Shinnie, who was one of our most effective players today. The second was a lovely piece of team play - great to see Mckay putting the ball on a plate for Ross rather than trying to increase his own goalscoring tally, and Ross justified his faith with a crisp finish.

Mckay played it to Draper who laid it off for Ross ;)

Didn't think we were at the races in the first half yesterday. As AM rightly says Accies were pressing us very high up the park and not letting us play it out from the back like JH likes us to do. Imrie especially seemed to be buzzing around our centre backs and there were a couple of mistakes made which, fortunately for us, didn't result in anything. Most of the first half was a midfield scrap. I can't remember us creating too many chances and the best opportunity for Accies was probably the effort from #22 which dipped quickly and almost caught out Brill.

The second half though turned the way of ICT and we started to find ourselves in some great scoring positions. Only a few minutes into the second half Mckay found space in the box about 10 yards out but his effort was expertly saved by McGovern. Perhaps indicative of the game so far the opener was also pretty scrappy. A ball hooked over the Hamilton defence was pounced on by Shinnie, his shot was saved by McGovern but as the ball rebounded back out it hit the onrushing Hamilton defender and looped over McGovern and into the net. Very fortunate but happy to take it.

McGovern was back in action shortly after denying both Meekings and Mckay from extending ICT's lead. Meekings had his header from a Tansey corner turned round the post and Mckay had another goal bound shot blocked. However the second goal soon arrived. Inverness attacked down the Hamilton right and Mckay played a ball across goal to Draper who played a neat pass back into the middle of the box and Nick Ross seized on it to make it 2 - 0.

Only sour note was the injury to Brill. He jumped to claim a high ball and either collided with another player or he landed awkwardly. Apparently he's "popped his knee" which sounds disgusting but JH has said it may not be as bad as first feared. Hopefully he's back soon although I am quite content with Esson deputising for him.

Good crowd who obviously responded to the 10p offer. But I think you could tell that a lot of them had no allegiance to either side as a lot of people in both stands left when the second goal went in. Maybe a few new fans have been secured but I think a lot of them were OF fans who didn't have a game nearby to go to.

Mckay played it to Draper who laid it off for Ross ;)

Aye, realised that when I read the BBC report this morning. :unsure: Probably shouldn't have had that extra pint in the Tap Room.

I wish I'd known about the 10p offer as I spent yesterday afternoon sitting about the house bored stupid.

The Accies fans seem to have made their minds up about Canning with undue haste. It's a bit early for writing the guy off surely?

A few things I noted yesterday:

1/ it must have been sunny in Inverness recently, as Danny Williams has got a cracking tan!

2/ Nick Ross was brilliant today, in attack and defence. The amount of times he (and Shinnie) 'bought' fouls around our own box when under pressure really helped us slow the game down and protect our lead.

3/ is that Hamilton LB really rated at over £1million!?

4/ the ref had the Brian Graham dive on his mind, as he was very favourable to us today. Warren could have been cautioned twice and Hamilton (especially Imrie) were denied countless free kicks that they would get on another day.

I wish I'd known about the 10p offer as I spent yesterday afternoon sitting about the house bored stupid.

The Accies fans seem to have made their minds up about Canning with undue haste. It's a bit early for writing the guy off surely?

I'm surprised so many weren't aware of Hamilton's generous offer.

It was quite well publicised through the week.

I did hear of a couple from Nairn who made the trip and offered to pay £10 each at the turnstile. The turnstile guy said he couldn't accept the £20 and took just 10p each from them.

I asked the guys in my grand daughters and my seat to move, which they did.

Might have been Albino Rover and Me.

We went to this so I feel entitled to contribute her, having paid my 10p plus! First thing: I thought it bizarre that Accies went for effectively free entry. £10 would have got plenty in and a wee return. As it emerged, many of the large crowd hadn't the slightest interest in the game, up and down to the - apparently exhausted - pie shop. The atmosphere was rubbish. We arrived early to get a decent seat then at 2.45 a fellow with a child - possibly Accie1 - arrives and tells us we're in his seats. This despite many reserved signs on other seats, but not the pair we chose. So what's left at kick off - second front row at the side, wet, amongst kids and obstructed view.

The game was awful, although ICT thoroughly deserved their win. You know, to enjoy Scottish football, you really need a partisan interest. The experience for a neutral amounts to a poor use of a Saturday afternoon.

Good lusk to Accies, a decent club. But I think yesterday's experiment was poorly thought out.

No point charging 10p to get a crowd in if we had no interest in trying to entertain and win the game , Canning trying to be a smart arse and playing for a point with no striker on the park , there is ways to lose and yesterday was not one of those ways , we have become a shambles from back to front and it will only get worse , too many players know they can arse about with no comeback due to our squad being so thin , the rot has set in and i can not see where our next point will come from .

No point charging 10p to get a crowd in if we had no interest in trying to entertain and win the game , Canning trying to be a smart arse and playing for a point with no striker on the park , there is ways to lose and yesterday was not one of those ways , we have become a shambles from back to front and it will only get worse , too many players know they can arse about with no comeback due to our squad being so thin , the rot has set in and i can not see where our next point will come from .

Having read various posts by you across various threads your negativity is really quite staggering. The last 9 months or so have been without doubt the most enjoyable, exciting and entertaining period i have had watching Accies in my time supporting the team which is over 30yrs. So as soon as our form dips you turn on the new manager and the players who have provided such entertainment and excitement this season. How about providing the same support when we are losing as you do when we are winning because for teams like us there will always be more lows than highs! The fans have been brilliant this season and the team need us to get behind them now. I'm sure we'll turn this form dip around as we have too many good players not to.

Think most of us are annoyed because it feels like all the good work Alex has done is being undone, stepek.

The name "Billy Reid" is being whispered recently and, to be honest, some of the performances have been rather reminiscent of his towards the end of his career.

Alex got the most out of his players - Canning doesn't seem to be. I was at all the games during our previous wee slump and, other than Celtic at home, not one of these performances have been as bad as them - except Aberdeen away.

We've had 2 shots that I would say have tested the keeper in Canning's 4 games - both against Celtic. We've scored 2 goals in 4 games, we've failed to score in 3 and conceded 12 goals in 4 games since he came. Also, the brand of football has been long ball pish - much like Canning's playing style as opposed to Alex Neil who gets stuck in and passes the ball.

I wanted him in right away but after his first 3 games I felt someone else would get it. We're just gonna have to wait til the end of the season before we really judge if he's up for it.

Archived