Accies v ICT

What's happened to Gillespie under Canning. Thought he looked Accies' most improved playet earlier in the season and was clearly thriving under Neil. That's an OG today and a roasting at every goal on Wednesday.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's happened to Gillespie under Canning. Thought he looked Accies' most improved playet earlier in the season and was clearly thriving under Neil. That's an OG today and a roasting at every goal on Wednesday.

Another one who likely believes that they are better than they are , there was comments made about how the players liked Cannings softer approach , more that they can rip the piss .

Canning can't even organise the defence with him playing, never mind the team. Absolute shambles at the back today. McGovern kept it respectable. Imrie up front didn't work, Brophy should have started if MAC was injured or dropped. Don't expect to get anything at Dens either. Probably be down to four points between us by next Saturday.

Why was Frankie McAvoy allowed to take that game today , yeah great service to the club and all that but Swailes and Boozy were in the stand , would have prefered them on touchline , big Swailes does not look like he would be short of telling that mob a few home truths and thats whats required at this stage not a guy giving instructions who is away next week(yeah once more i know great servant to club) .

Shambles. Actually thought the no striker was going to work until they started playing long balls up to Dougie Imrie, Danny Redmond etc. Gills was unlucky with the OG and surprise surprise Stephen fucking Hendrie was out of position for no 2. McGoverns the only one that deserved pass marks. We need to get a grip here.

Shambles. Actually thought the no striker was going to work until they started playing long balls up to Dougie Imrie, Danny Redmond etc. Gills was unlucky with the OG and surprise surprise Stephen fucking Hendrie was out of position for no 2. McGoverns the only one that deserved pass marks. We need to get a grip here.

Is Hendrie un droppable as we may get £££ for his sorry ass? He will not signe a new deal, sell him for what we can get and play players who will be with us next year!

Very poor from accies ICT looked streets ahead of us yet again and could have scored more Mcgovern kept the score down with some good saves its all gone pete tong as they say at NDP.I expect it will be the usual diehards at the next home game with around 1800 accies fans in attendance.Very unusual to see such a big crowd today taking advantage of the 10p admission.

Very poor from accies ICT looked streets ahead of us yet again and could have scored more Mcgovern kept the score down with some good saves its all gone pete tong as they say at NDP.I expect it will be the usual diehards at the next home game with around 1800 accies fans in attendance.Very unusual to see such a big crowd today taking advantage of the 10p admission.

Don't care how many were there today, it's about the fans that have continued to turn up over the years. Coincidentally they are the ones the club are putting last and forgetting about as they try and get more and make themselves look better. Re H9crx's comments about Hendrie. We play him and continues to put clubs off him or we don't and put clubs off him. It's a tough one. Cover at LB isn't great either.

Gillespie was deservedly getting praise earlier in the season as he was a stand out in midfield. He's now covering Ziggy's absence at right back. How anyone can point the finger for the OG is beyond me. He didn't play well but he wasn't alone. We were 17 points ahead of Dundee after Perth, next week it could be down to four, though we're still a healthy number of goals ahead. Maybe a shut up shop performance needed next week and Ziggy could be back, maybe Devlin too. Badly need new faces though.

Section A was quiet today, rarely heard them even at 0-0. Not the day to be quiet. Typical Accies, big crowd and everything changes.

Section A was quiet because half of them were behind the goals.Myself and plenty others have Season Books and were punted behind the goals.Some of us managed after kick off to get back to our usual space,but many did not.

A lot of unhappy Accies fans judging by the Facebook forums and comments past few weeks.

Section A was quiet because half of them were behind the goals.Myself and plenty others have Season Books and were punted behind the goals.Some of us managed after kick off to get back to our usual space,but many did not.

A lot of unhappy Accies fans judging by the Facebook forums and comments past few weeks.

Fair enough, I wondered if some had got there too late. I expected 3000 plus, maybe 4000 but I didn't expect what we got.

Accies fans need to avoid chucking the toys out the pram. If you think logically, a slump was always likely, even if Neil had stayed. Inverness lost 3 in a row, Dundee possibly four but certainly three and they both recovered. A hard won point sometime soon could change everything again, we will be getting Ziggy and Mikey Devlin back and Mackinnon thankfully is suspended next week. Dundee and St Johnstone are really the only teams that could catch us before the split but Dundee can't really afford anymore than a couple of defeats. Maybe they'll keep the run going, their next few fixtures don't look too difficult!

Very very early and he has only just officially taken over but I heard the words "Martin", "Canning", "Colin" and "Miller" used in the same sentence by someone at the game today.

Also hearing that are likely to lose more players before the window closes with potential January deals for Hendrie, Ziggy, and 22 elsewhere.

Going to be a long few months until the end of the season.

Everyone was told 1st come 1st served. Don't think anyone thought the crowd would be that big. What were they supposed to do? Move people out the main stand to let season ticket holders in? It was mildly amusing watching the 10p crew vanish when the 2nd goal went in. Hopefully we'll get our usual punters for the next home game and we can get back to normal. I felt weird stuck in beside that lot the day. They made absolutely no atmosphere anyway. Bye bye then!

Archived