Airdrieonians v Stranraer

Desperate stuff with a draw fair enough, although you do expect to be able to hold out for three minutes after pinching a late goal.

We simply didn't get the ball down on the deck enough and were far too shot-shy. We persisted too often in trying a high ball forward against a tall defence.

Thought Longridge was our best player and Bell made a huge difference when he eventually came on. Powerful headed goal by McShane which was great to see.

Just to echo the above that Dallas was woeful. Two soft bookings for Airdrie and McShane was booked for having the temerity to stand in front of McNeil and allowing him to blast the ball at him.

Dire game. Deserved booking for mcshane. Ran across goal keepers kick out. You are not allowed to interfere with a goal kick from hand. Same as running in front of free-kick on pitch to stop a quickly taken one.

I've seen better games in the park in Kirkintilloch. Both sides should be embarrassed. £16 Joke. Then asked how much the programme was £3. Then to find out its an Airdrie fanzine later on. What a scam.

Simple passes ran away from players making them look worse than they actually were (that was bad).

These days because of fuel costs and price of hiring a coach I think the supporters club doesn't go to every match. Years ago 40 odd on the bus regularly would Pay its way. Now selected games only for blues fans. Mind you if the admission prices were less things would change.

Distance is a problem of course. Against Ayr recently which is 50miles away we had app. 250 fans there.

Have to say the amount of visiting fans we get has dropped (it was never good mind you.) Forfar had less than 10 recently.

We had a full 16 seater minibus !! :P

Would have taken a point before the game.

Not great stuff from Stranraer again this week but an improvement on last. Only pass marks for Mitchell, Rumsby and maybe Steven Stirling based on his first half performance.

Didn't seem to cope well with the surface with ball being overhit all the time. Surprisingly, Airdrie were the same.

Big concern over Gibson. On his day he's probably the best wide player in the league but doesn't seem to have kicked a ball since his contract was extended.

Man of the match for me would have been the big boy at the back for Airdrie that isn't Brian Gillfillan. Won every ball, on the air and the ground and played a big part in the equaliser.

Would have taken a point before the game.

Not great stuff from Stranraer again this week but an improvement on last. Only pass marks for Mitchell, Rumsby and maybe Steven Stirling based on his first half performance.

Didn't seem to cope well with the surface with ball being overhit all the time. Surprisingly, Airdrie were the same.

Big concern over Gibson. On his day he's probably the best wide player in the league but doesn't seem to have kicked a ball since his contract was extended.

Man of the match for me would have been the big boy at the back for Airdrie that isn't Brian Gillfillan. Won every ball, on the air and the ground and played a big part in the equaliser.

He did, that was his last game unfortunately before going back to Partick. On the pitch thing, you'd think we'd be more used to it but the way the pitch plays varies incredibly depending on the conditions, when it's wet it's extremely skiddy and the bounce is totally different to when it's dry. This is obviously true to some extent for all pitches but with plastic parks it's exaggerated. If a ball over the top bounces once on a day like today then you've no chance of catching it which is partly why we both struggled. We should still be slightly more used to how it plays in those conditions though, but then I'd say we probably were, thought Stranrear looked more uncomfortable on it than we did.

don't think there was a chance created in the whole game until the 2 goals.

You missed the one we had cleared off the line by the Defender in the 1st half then?

Though Gilfillan played a blinder, just hoping he has a good partnership with Gasparotto if Bollan decides to continue to play him as a centre back rather than his prefered midfield role.

Terrible marking by Airdrie for the goal, not even challenged for the header, well taken goal by Lister who kept up a high tempo all day and deserved the equaliser, a Stranraer win would have been a travesty.

One last thing, for the Stranrear #6 who decided it'd be a good idea to celebrate in front of the Airdrie fans with a high pitched, girly, Americanised wooooooooooooh, you sir are a t!t of the highest magnitude, it was ironic that you did nothing to prevent the equaliser and I hope you heard the couple of hundred parroted wooooooooooooh's from the Airdrie fans after the equaliser.

You missed the one we had cleared off the line by the Defender in the 1st half then?

Lumping a corner in and a header on goal is pushing the phrase 'creating a chance' to the extreme, but okay yes I'll give you that. Not really sure that detracts from the point that neither side creating a thing - apart from some corners - until 1 minute to go.

Poor game yesterday. Draw was just about a fair result.

Did notice that the players seemed to struggle with the surface, can only assume the snow affected it in some way.

Anyone know when Gasparotto is back?

Gasparotto is on his way back now. Gary Bollan is expecting him back at training on Tuesday.

The surface was strange yesterday, I thought we really struggled to get used to it.

Not a great spectacle and certainly a fair result.

Our wait for a league victory at Airdrie goes on... and on....

Archived