Airdrieonians v Stranraer

Prob just the usual. Anything between 40 and 80. Depends on how many travel from Stranraer. As all the usual guys like myself from the central belt will be there.

If there was a full supporters bus from Stranraer nearer 100 but I doubt it.

These days because of fuel costs and price of hiring a coach I think the supporters club doesn't go to every match. Years ago 40 odd on the bus regularly would Pay its way. Now selected games only for blues fans. Mind you if the admission prices were less things would change.

Distance is a problem of course. Against Ayr recently which is 50miles away we had app. 250 fans there.

Have to say the amount of visiting fans we get has dropped (it was never good mind you.) Forfar had less than 10 recently.

For any Stranraer fans with kids coming to Airdrie tomorrow (and indeed home fans who are unawre), you are welcome to come along to the Presidents Bar at the Stadium. Airdrie Supporters Trust have events on from 1.30 for kids - football training outside, and dvd's and arts and crafts inside, in a Party room adjoining the bar. There will also be pies etc available, and there will be a showing of an Airdrie DVD from the 90's from 1.15. For those wishing to do a pub crawl through town, good pre match pubs are West End Bar, Cue Here, Yesterdays, and the Albert Bar. Cheers.

Score Prediction...2-1 to the Diamonds. Jim Lister at 6/1 1st scorer looks decent.

For any Stranraer fans with kids coming to Airdrie tomorrow (and indeed home fans who are unawre), you are welcome to come along to the Presidents Bar at the Stadium. Airdrie Supporters Trust have events on from 1.30 for kids - football training outside, and dvd's and arts and crafts inside, in a Party room adjoining the bar. There will also be pies etc available, and there will be a showing of an Airdrie DVD from the 90's from 1.15. For those wishing to do a pub crawl through town, good pre match pubs are West End Bar, Cue Here, Yesterdays, and the Albert Bar. Cheers.

Score Prediction...2-1 to the Diamonds. Jim Lister at 6/1 1st scorer looks decent.

Am I right in thinking the bar at the ground doesn't have Sky?

Maybe head to West End Bar. Good Tartan Army pub.

Very light dusting of snow this morning, shouldn't have any effect on the game being on.

Difficult game for us, this one. With Morton and Dunfy imploding, Stranraer will never have a better chance to get out of this league and will be fired up.

Never seen us last week but by all accounts we should have taken more from the game.

I think we'll start with the same shape as last week and I expect a similar result.

1-1.

Was a terrible game. Thought that we had it won when McShane gave us the lead in the 87th minute, but then gifted an equaliser with suicidal defending. But in truth couldn't say that we deserved more than a point. We rarely got our passing game working although to be fair to the players hard to do this on Scotland's third worst surface. But we caused problems for ourselves with too many high or long balls. Pass marks for Mitchell, and the defence, particularly Longridge, and the forwards worked hard. But the midfield was pretty poor until Bell came on.

And as for the referee, I really cannot understand how Dallas is allowed to officiate at this level. Random decisions annoyed both sets of supporters all afternoon. None of the yellows were deserved. And someone should tell him that if there is a foul throw, the throw goes to the other side!

Archived