Australian Open Tennis

lichtie23

Just online since Saturday now, heres my tuppence worth -

I thought Murray looked defeated very early on. Even with Djokovic clearly struggling physically first with the cut on his hand then then seemingly cramp, I said to my mate 'he is absolutely fine, watch him not break a sweat all match'. And I agree with Murray's after match comments about it letting it affect him mentally. It's bound to though, Murray must have had a tiny inkling, like I'm sure we did, that he may win this on a retirement.

The second set tie-break and the start of the third had be thinking 'good grief, he's going to fucking win this'. Then those 2 wild forehands at 2-2 in the third fucked him right in the anus. Match over.

Djokovic in Melbourne is, like someone else mentioned, in danger of becoming Nadal on the red stuff in Paris. As for Murray? He'll get a slam this year if he keeps up his brilliant form. Probably Wimbledon, but he need to forget about Sunday, and keep the head.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think something that should be pointed out with regards to Murray's mental side is that he is a guy who had to hide in a classroom at his primary school when he was a wee boy while some of his classmates were being gunned down by a nutcase.

That he's come from that to go on and beat arguably the greatest tennis player of the last five years in Djokovic to win grand slams should actually be applauded and celebrated.

I think something that should be pointed out with regards to Murray's mental side is that he is a guy who had to hide in a classroom at his primary school when he was a wee boy while some of his classmates were being gunned down by a nutcase.

That he's come from that to go on and beat arguably the greatest tennis player of the last five years in Djokovic to win grand slams should actually be applauded and celebrated.

Hear Hear

John Lloyd is a fucking dick and an absolute no mark. I wouldn't listen to anything he has to say. About anything.

Agreed. John Llyod is fecking awful. It's his lack of informed opinion on Murray. His comments are so stale and rehashed and ignorant of the changes Murray has made over the years. The Sky Sports guys know it, even the Eurosport guys know, but the BBC guys are perfectly representative of the 'tennis' fans who watch only the two weeks of Wimbledon each year. So in that respect, they do a perfect a job.

Are we getting to the stage where we start talking about Djokovic and Austraila in the same way we do with Nadal and Roland Garros?

well nadal has only ever lost one match at the French open, i think his record there is possibly one of the greatest achievements in sport on its own. Maybe djokovic and the Aussie open is more like fed and Wimbledon?

Archived