stirling albion vs forfar athletic

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job done. Decent game?

Dreadful game. Neither side impressed and I suppose Forfar just about deserved the win because we didn't.

Another shocking refereeing decision robbed us of any chance of getting back into the game.

Job done for us, professional away win with another clean sheet. Can't remember Douglas having a save to make until the last 5 minutes.

We should've been out of sight, denholm and malin missing good second half chances. The goal was a great team move. Onto next week, some crucial games coming up.

Dreadful game. Neither side impressed and I suppose Forfar just about deserved the win because we didn't.

Another shocking refereeing decision robbed us of any chance of getting back into the game.

I missed the sending off, nature calling. By all accounts it was a shoulder charge and the ref decides it was a foul. Fairly typical of referring decisions in the recent past.

That said, I thought we were poor today, no penetration, no width and aimless balls to Gordon Smith. We did well to keep it to one goal but the better team won.

Only consolation was Ayr only drew but we looked a relegation team today.

Not a good day for the Albion at Forthbank today. was hoping to get something from this game but we were dreadful, total lack of fight created nothing up front. The red card for Chris Smith was a joke, only thing I could think of was the referee deemed him to have brought down the man in a scoring position but the challenge was not worthy of anything but a yellow at best. Forfar were not much better but managed to put together a few chances and converted one of them to get the points.

Worst performance I have seen under the reign of Stuart McLaren and given the fact we are now 6 points behind Ayr, if something does not change and we don`t start picking up points we are heading back to League 2 next season.

Both teams were poor, really not got much positive to say on the game.

The sending off was rubbish but it was the correct decision, Fotheringham was through and Smith just barged into him, it would have only been a booking elsewhere on the pitch but since Fotheringham was through in a last man position the referee had no option but to give the foul and sending Smith off.

Archived