Stenhousemuir v Ayr United

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLaughlin, Beattie and Slane are atrocious, why Nisbett never came on was a mystery.

Agree with this. The substitutions baffled me. Not needed and all 3 offered nothing, and have done most of the season.

Would have been better leaving it as it was, although I thought Nisbet would have got the last 15mins or so.

Did Beattie actually do anything apart from fall over for the free kick when he came on?

We aren't 9th for no reason, the majority of our players are absolute dross. I'm hoping McCall can get a striker in ASAP otherwise we are in trouble. Whether that's a young guy like Nisbet or a more experienced pro, he needs to be starting next week.

Two games unbeaten, haven't said that in a while!

I mustered up quite enough enthusiasm to look forward to the game today only to find out Sean Dickson has been told he's free to find a new Club, great start to the day.

I thought McMullan was only a better final ball and a finer decision making away from being a complete, old fashioned winger. I thought he was excellent and scored from absolutely nothing.

Forrest's equaliser was outstanding. You can only applaud goals like that when you see them.

Other than the goals we created quite a few chances which was good to see but still not quite good enough.

Dire stuff from two dog shit teams.

Forrest's goal was sublime, McMullan was sensational at times and JP McGovern gracing us with his presence a few highlights.

Beattie though? WHIT THE f**k!

What happened with the Ayr fan behind the goal who seemed to take a tumble? Hope they are ok probably won a watch not having to endure that shite 2nd half.

We're still a team lacking confidence which shows at times. Donnelly clearly isn't suited to playing up top himself however the big question is who do you partner him with?

Beattie as stated above is rank rotten, he offered nothing when he came on today. Squandered a bunch of chances as we attacked a tiring Stenny defence. If we had a decent striker on in his place today we may very well have taken all three points today.

Thought over the 90 minutes we probably shaded it, but the point was fair enough for each side. Special mention to the ref who was pretty guff in an unbias crap for everyone sort of way.

Hopefully McCall can press on this week and find someone that knows how to put the ball in the back of the net.

The Stenny goal was a mixture of poor defending and Hutton doing god knows what.

Forest's goal was incredible.

Post match interviews from AU media

The interviewer making it out as though that didn't look like two teams near the bottom and it was somewhat entertaining. WHIT?

McCall saying Ayr played some lovely stuff? WHIT?

Booth talking his usual sleep inducing nothingness.

Guest Alessandro

I mustered up quite enough enthusiasm to look forward to the game today only to find out Sean Dickson has been told he's free to find a new Club, great start to the day.

I thought McMullan was only a better final ball and a finer decision making away from being a complete, old fashioned winger. I thought he was excellent and scored from absolutely nothing.

Forrest's equaliser was outstanding. You can only applaud goals like that when you see them.

Other than the goals we created quite a few chances which was good to see but still not quite good enough.

This isn't manlove or anything...but I really like your summations and take on our games.

What happened with the Ayr fan behind the goal who seemed to take a tumble? Hope they are ok probably won a watch not having to endure that shite 2nd half.

That was nuts, guy collapsed in thr toilets during the first half and an ambulance came at half time, just before it left a woman, as you say just fainted/collapsed right infront of us. Hope both are ok.

Ex-Greenock Morton and Brechin City jobber Jamie McCormack. He looked alright in spells today and linked up well with Paul McMullan on the right flank.

Strange that Brechin released him within six months: their hick fans were insisting that they had found a legendary defender in the summer, to the mirth of those who had actually seen him play. He's not actually the worst I've ever seen at full-back for Morton but he's not very good, and given Brechin's sigining delusion off the back of a first performance, I'd be treating his latest performance with great caution.

The game was pretty uneventful, particularly after the goals had gone in. We missed a couple of decent chances, both of which fell to the Wrong Man, before taking the lead. And Ayr did likewise before they equalised. After that, did either keeper make a save?

Whenever McMullan got the ball there was a real sense something could happen. It often didn't but it was great to be excited when one of our players got the ball. If we can only get some support up front we might make McMullan's job easier by simply giving him someone to cross to. The Wrong Man isn't the answer. Grehan might have been though.

Another game passes and we still manage to stay out of the relegation spots. Not sure this can continue much longer.

Archived