Clyde vs Arbroath

Thought both teams really struggled to get their foot on the ball. It looked to me that the weather conditions were making the pitch a little bit lively and unpredictable. So many poor first touches by both sides.

Lowdon was poor first half but I'd attribute a large part of it to Moore fannying about with the diamond midfield again.

We've got a bit of a paradox in central midfield. I think Whatley is our best midfielder but Hunter and Stewart make our best midfield pair. I wouldn't be disappointed to see Whatley bumped to left-back next week to get that pairing back together (which gave us our best run of results this season).

Thought Rowan came on to a game while Grant played an important role in stopping Clyde having so much easy possession in midfield.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone explain why Bobby Linn starts in centre mid. When he is wide right or left he terrorises defenders with his pace but is stifled in the middle with usually 2 players around him and 1 blocking him. We were disappointing for almost an hour but we're all over them by the end. Imo we need to start better and grab the initiative in games. We started today like last week, we're really slow to get going and let Clyde run the game. If we don't find our form soon we will be knocked off top spot. Get back to playing with wide players get crosses in the box and we will get goals. Hopefully next week we can get back to winning. C'MON LICHTIES

Anyone explain why Bobby Linn starts in centre mid. When he is wide right or left he terrorises defenders with his pace but is stifled in the middle with usually 2 players around him and 1 blocking him. We were disappointing for almost an hour but we're all over them by the end. Imo we need to start better and grab the initiative in games. We started today like last week, we're really slow to get going and let Clyde run the game. If we don't find our form soon we will be knocked off top spot. Get back to playing with wide players get crosses in the box and we will get goals. Hopefully next week we can get back to winning. C'MON LICHTIES

Playing him there also left the young right back very exposed imo

Marsh and McManus were dubbed due to injuries

So which actor provided their voices? :)

Sounds like it was the Alamo in the 2nd half finishing with 6 defenders on the park, but grindin out results like that is the kind of thing they'll need to do to avoid the drop

In all seriousness, the board need their arses kicked for their lack of action on that one. People might not want to come and watch lower league football on a regular basis, but I refuse to believe that only 500 locals would be interested in going to watch Clyde for a small fee on a one off basis. If done properly there would have been over 1,000 inside Broadwood today, surely?

This is what happens when you have a chairman telling the local community we are out of here and off to the land of milk and honey(EK)

Thought traynor played well and fergie and mcmanus work rate was excellent arbroath are clearly a better team than we are thought the number 16 was excellent really ripped durie a new one second half both teams had missed chancea although arbroath's were better

All in all good fighting spirit

believe clyde are just a couple of creative,hardworking players short of turning things around, i would like them up competing for play offs,hope they do.

Word salad deluxe. Today's work ethic wasn't in question....the slightly older and more experienced Murray, and soon-to-return Marko will provide more necessary experience, to help direct the new-found enthusiasm. I've had much to.say about the application this year, but couldn't fault any of the players today. On a managerial point, i'd have to question why bother having three strikers on the bench and not look to use them. Yes, the backs were to the wall, and if you're looking for the outball to stick then surely Daly mightve been a better option....i'd rather he moved those he disny rate on, than waiting until we're short and throwing empty bodies on in the middle of a relegation battle.

To be fair, whether he brought on McQueen or Daly - they would've been deployed as a target man and we created absolutely nothing after McManus went off so I doubt it would've made much of a difference. Daly is hardly the type to create chances. And Watt is just generally useless.

I know a year is a long time in fitba, but Daly spent four months winning nearly every header he went up for last year. Ferguson finally seemed up for, or capable of, making the sort of runs that he was doing last year too. If he doesnt rate either Daly or Watt, id rather they didnt feature in the match squad at all, as against a side like them, making the ball stick to someone is vital for rest in possession and getting a shape back, as it just kept coming back. Its a very good ability to bring off the bench in such events, but clearly neither are trusted to do it. Gormley was obviously being lined up.for this, but the fact that we were 99% there to signing him with both still on the books, suggests the search is not over. Id rather cut our losses on them and promote from youth if we cant snare one.

Agree McManus can do a job but he couldn't keep the ball nor do anything productive. Leaving him isolated doesn't help of course but another forward - why shove Chucky up front before Daly? - will get more joy?

Thought Clyde did well today. 1st half we never settled at all far to many over hit passes and bad touches. Defence looked ropey. 2nd half I thought we looked much more settled, Stewart should start next week now IMO. Let's hope Murray finds his shooting boots. That Montrose 2-2 game seems to have knocked suhin out of us. Need to get back on form. Nicoll is such a big miss. Johnstone and McBride are too but Nicolls our leader and we are missing his grit and ability. Hope we get him back soon.

Looks like these Nicol, McBride, Johnstone plus Crawford were kindly asked to remove themselves from their seats and join the Arbroath support after celebrating the equaliser too much. Must have upset some of the respectful Clyde supporters.

God only knows how Clyde clung clang on for the point......good defending or bad finishing....or maybe a mixture of both.

I don't really see how we clung on to the point . Yes Arbroath were the better team second half ,apart from the save from Martin that was right at him and a couple of balls fizzed along the 6 yard box there wasn't many moments I shat myself so to speak .

We desperately lack creativity and I would love to see a decent play maker come in before the window shuts.

Archived