Alloa v Raith

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After being surprised that Raith are still so close to the play-offs, I'm now surprised that some of you have been eyeing the relegation slots nervously. Never any danger IMO.

Miserable first half, no danger of either team scoring. We could've snatched a winner in the second, but Raith had a couple of chances too, and neither team deserved three points. Most entertaining moment of the game was the Raith player screeching like a banshee for a pass, which resulted in the entire Clackmannan Road end responding in kind.

That's a shocker from Dumbarton today. Considering that isn't Livi's first big win of the season, I'm thinking it's still us and Cowden for the bottom two slots.

It had everything going for it, vegetables, lentils, alas they only showed it a photo of a stock cube.

I'd pass your suggestions on, but the lassie that runs the canteen has always seemed a bit formidable to me. Genuinely don't know how she'd take such trenchant criticism :mellow:

I'd pass your suggestions on, but the lassie that runs the canteen has always seemed a bit formidable to me. Genuinely don't know how she'd take such trenchant criticism :mellow:

It's not as if said item was rare, there's a Morrison's over the road and at worst she could chap on the door at the local food bank.

It's not as if said item was rare, there's a Morrison's over the road and at worst she could chap on the door at the local food bank.

I noticed today that they seem to use Tesco for the rolls.

Anyway, you go on yersel'. I'll be right behind you, honest :ph34r:

We really are lacking up front, both in confidence and ability. The second half performance was poor and I was pleasantly surprised we held on. Something we wouldn't have done 6 weeks ago.

The results below us make it a decent point and I will be disappointed if we finish worse than 6th now.

Again if and buts from Alloa but that doesn't put points on the board. I can see big Martyn's point about leaving out the new striker, probably a novel way to get a few extra faces through the gate. At least smith didn't wait till the 87th min to make a change this week. With livi picking up the 3points and a few goals today the battle to survive is really on.

I think we've scored one goal since the Rangers cup game. We really need to do something about it, and I think the lack of pace in midfield and up front is a problem. Our attacks are often too ponderous and we end up trying to pass or way through a defence that has had time to get organised.

We played well enough today and passed the ball reasonably well but we never looked likely to score.

Hopefully Layne will come in and provide something different and hopefully we will see him on the park in the next weeks.

Again if and buts from Alloa but that doesn't put points on the board. I can see big Martyn's point about leaving out the new striker, probably a novel way to get a few extra faces through the gate. At least smith didn't wait till the 87th min to make a change this week. With livi picking up the 3points and a few goals today the battle to survive is really on.

It was on in August.

To quote a certain Inbetweener... Well that, was fucking dreadful!

Terrible game, limited chances and both sides probably feeling a little bit something special would have won them the game.

3 wins and a draw is of course excellent form, but feel like this was an opportunity missed. Falkirk winning was a massive blow to any outside play off ambitions.

On the plus side, coming from Glasgow, Alloa is one of the easiest / most pleasant away journeys via train.

Another game we should have won and once again our failure to put the ball in the net cost us. Next month is going to be absolutely crucial for us with games against Livingston and Cowdenbeath. Must win those matches.

Another game we should have won and once again our failure to put the ball in the net cost us. Next month is going to be absolutely crucial for us with games against Livingston and Cowdenbeath. Must win those matches.

Another game we should have won based on what? It was a draw all day neither team deserved more or less. Fair play Alloa had a lot of ball in the 2nd half but what did they do with it zilch apart from blasting the ball either side of the post, Infact rovers were the closest to score with an effort cleared of the line.

Archived