Queen of the South v Hibernian

I thought Millar has some lovely touches but he will not be an 'in your face' midfielder. If he is playing , then we would be better putting in someone beside him to do the ugly stuff. Very apparent that we were not physical AT ALL in the midfield and that's a concern. McKenna has done this job in the past but how often are we going to see him now and will he be able to get back to the level of before ? Crowd 3677

Quite agree about Millar, his style looks a bit like his predecessor who had the no.8 shirt, can pick out good passes and gets forward if given time on the ball but not so good if closed down quickly. Maybe improve and add a bit of dig when (if) he gets fitter. Definitely missing a ball winner in the middle of the park at present which puts the defence under more pressure. Hopefully with the return of Burns, who's not afraid to get stuck in, we have that extra bit of dig but definitely missing someone like McKenna.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite agree about Millar, his style looks a bit like his predecessor who had the no.8 shirt, can pick out good passes and gets forward if given time on the ball but not so good if closed down quickly. Maybe improve and add a bit of dig when (if) he gets fitter. Definitely missing a ball winner in the middle of the park at present which puts the defence under more pressure. Hopefully with the return of Burns, who's not afraid to get stuck in, we have that extra bit of dig but definitely missing someone like McKenna.

Dont count in Mckenna think he is a long way from being back near the first team even when he recovers from injury, think we have seen the best of Steg think he will go down a level soon.

Dont count in Mckenna think he is a long way from being back near the first team even when he recovers from injury, think we have seen the best of Steg think he will go down a level soon.

I realise that of all the long term injured players, McKenna is probably the least likely to feature anytime soon, if at all this season. I was implying that we could do with a player in that position who has McKenna's physical presence and ball winning capabilities to break up opponent's attacks further up the park. Sorry if we have seen the last of him for Queens.

Flash dissapeared when Queens started to get better . His stats didn't look so good ( for him) and he lost his raison d'etre . Simple as that ! Check out the time he went AWOL if you don't believe me .

The timing might be right but that isnt why he doesnt post anymore. He got it into his head, wrongly, that other posters had got personal info about him from the forum. Kirky, I have no idea about, he certainly wasnt banned

He may be nearer a return than you think as he featured for 45 minutes in the development squad during the week

McKenna is going to be a massive player for us when he finally returns fully fit. I've got no doubts that he can play for us at this level for atleast 3 more seasons. He just turned 29 in November.

The timing might be right but that isnt why he doesnt post anymore. He got it into his head, wrongly, that other posters had got personal info about him from the forum. Kirky, I have no idea about, he certainly wasnt banned

He was obviously an intelligent enough poster but I just took it that he couldn't tell us how bad we were anymore and left the building.

What is the tactic with the corner kicks as they sure are not working? McShane takes them and Danny runs short, bringing one and sometimes two defenders out. then it stops defenders run back into position then McShane hits a low cross to front post when where there are no Queens players attacking. Are the players who are supposed to run here getting blocked, is it a decoy to play them all short to lull opposition into false sense of security then swing it in longer.

There is something not right here as they consistently don't beat first man. That must be where McShane is told to hit them

What is the tactic with the corner kicks as they sure are not working? McShane takes them and Danny runs short, bringing one and sometimes two defenders out. then it stops defenders run back into position then McShane hits a low cross to front post when where there are no Queens players attacking. Are the players who are supposed to run here getting blocked, is it a decoy to play them all short to lull opposition into false sense of security then swing it in longer.

There is something not right here as they consistently don't beat first man. That must be where McShane is told to hit them

...or maybe he was just having a bad day with corner kicks, I don't know if he was deliberately aiming for the front post. I think we need more variety in dead ball situations, surely Danny's stature makes him less effective when attacking corners so he might be better taking them and Beany could maybe hit some in from the other side. I'm not saying McShane should stop taking corners or free kicks but just give us a bit of variation. After all look what happened with Holt's free-kick V rangers.

I'd be surprised if McShane is being instructed to fail to get his corners beyond the first man. I think he was just consistently failing to strike the ball properly.

Unfortunately he isn't that great at dead balls yet no one else ever takes them very strange.

I'd be surprised if McShane is being instructed to fail to get his corners beyond the first man. I think he was just consistently failing to strike the ball properly.

It just surprises me that all the attempts were so identical in failing to beat near post. It cannot be difficult to have failed once to hit the ball a bit harder and longer. After all he had 4 or 5 attempts in first half alone

Kerr and Baird were outstanding at Tynecastle yesterday. Just saying chaps

Sounds like it was a good team performance with some effort to take the game to Hearts rather than standing off them. Other managers should take note.

Me in a QoS topic after a QoS defeat. As predicted.

Telt yaes..just a matter of time for falkirk to over take queens....get it up yaes....ken...

Thought Kerr and Baird would have done more for you today

Oh sorry they came to Falkirk and helped us beat Hearts

Sorry bout that

Kerr and Baird were outstanding at Tynecastle yesterday. Just saying chaps

:lol::lol::lol: The obsession Falkirk fans have with us just now is extremely amusing to say the least. Using Kerr and Baird to 'score points' is even more amusing considering the majority of QoS fans were happy to see them go. Baird more so of course. I was disappointed to see Kerr go, but an attitude player is something no dressing room needs. You'll soon tire of Baird but I imagine Kerr will do a good job for Falkirk for another season or two at this level before he has to drop down. With Falkirk going neither up nor down any time soon he's a good signing.

Let the obsession continue, it's pretty funny reading "Big Club" fans getting riled by little old Queen of The South; other than our pitch we've nothing better than Falkirk. So carry on chaps if it keeps you happy :)

Can't believe that keepers continue week after week to come racing off their lines - conceding crazy penalties and facing the red card into the bargain. These are game changers why don't the coaching staff drum it into keepers - this is an absolute NO NO . In the same way as defenders going to ground in the box and risking the dreaded double whammy.

Jim didn't learn from his previous Martin Boyle incident - that is disappointing but to be fair to him you see it at the top level week in week out as well.

He is however progressing well but you sometimes wonder what players and management actually work on at training?

Jim had a rush of blood to the head moment. But I don't agree that 'keepers should be expected to stay on their line. If anything, I want my GK to be a sweeper, which is the way a lot of GK's play nowadays. Give me an Atkinson type 'keeper* over a Colin Scott type 'keeper every day of the week.

* Providing he gets his timing sorted.

Archived