Even More Good News on Crowds

Once the team in govan are finally killed off, id give it a couple of years before the former fans based in inverness start turning up at Caley, clach, city etc.. For their fix.. You never know, they might learn how to become human

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are Caley's figures lower? Doesn't make any sense.

Not a clue why they're lower the last 2 years, but I think the reason they're low generally for a City (n.b. HJ ;) ) is historical. Inverness wasn't represented above the Highland League until relatively recently, and quite a few fans left after the merger. The last local firm I worked for had one Clachnacuddin fan, all the rest were Rangers or Celtic, not a single Caley Thistle fan. Might even go back as far as Culloden which was more of a sectarian battle than England v Scotland.

Nice to see the Celtic fans not rattled at all about actual attendance figures being declared at football matches.

There is no masonic or other such shite conspiracy here.

Merely a desire to know how many people attend football games on a Saturday afternoon.

What's the problem?

Nice to see the Celtic fans not rattled at all about actual attendance figures being declared at football matches.

There is no masonic or other such shite conspiracy here.

Merely a desire to know how many people attend football games on a Saturday afternoon.

What's the problem?

Do you just see what you want to see?

"Rattled" "Masonic conspiracies"

:lol:

Yes we have shite attendances but our average crowd so far this season is more than double that of last season.

I think your crowds are excellent in context. As you say, doubled. And pushing 3,000.

Btw, was today's 6,007 v Celtic a new ground record?

Dundee as a city shites all over Aberdeen and Edinburgh. They are more rugby cities than football cities though.

If you take away fans out of the equation then Aberdeen would probably have a similar total to the two Dundee teams combined.

United benefited from 3.5k away fans from Dundee and the Dons and around 5k from Celtic and the figures for Dens are probably quite similar with United, Dons and Celtic all selling out their allocation. Very rough maths here but approx. 20k away fans visiting Dundee grounds for these fixtures alone vs around 5k away fans for the 3 fixtures at Pittodrie would affect the averages quite significantly.

Dundee as a city shites all over Aberdeen and Edinburgh. They are more rugby cities than football cities though.

Utter guff. Rugby attendances in both those cities are absolutely dwarfed by football attendances on any given weekend.

Well, you could've actually answered my original question.

Why not tell everyone how many punters turned up?

That wasn't your original question, besides this argument has been done to death on here many times.

I get the impression you're one of the individuals who become seething at the slightest mention anything Celtic or Rangers related, looks for any excuse to vent the rage.

That wasn't your original question, besides this argument has been done to death on here many times.

I get the impression you're one of the individuals who become seething at the slightest mention anything Celtic or Rangers related, looks for any excuse to vent the rage.

It's a question worth asking though. I can see why you're sidestepping it though.

Shouldn't be though, as I'm pretty sure there's a decent reason behind it that someone posted on here before. Something to do with shareholders and stuff.

If you take away fans out of the equation then Aberdeen would probably have a similar total to the two Dundee teams combined.

Aberdeen have a catchment area with a population well over double that of Dundee though. Include the fact that their is very little unemployment in Aberdeen and they are sitting top of the league it's embarrassing that they can't fill out Pittodrie.

It's a question worth asking though. I can see why you're sidestepping it though.

Shouldn't be though, as I'm pretty sure there's a decent reason behind it that someone posted on here before. Something to do with shareholders and stuff.

Nothing to stop clubs declaring how many people are actually turning up to watch football matches for the stattos among us and at the same time tallying up gate receipts for the benefit of shareholders.

Archived