Weather watch Saturday 17 January 2015

Rab B Nesbit

Sitting on a train all morning thought I'd make myself useful.

Should have some info from Whitehill shortly.

Having been under snow on Wednesday it was felt that the park was playable yesterday afternoon after Peter and Mickey's efforts.

Notice from twitter that Bonnyrigg Rose have failed a pitch inspection after they thought it looked it ok.

@Selkirk5: Today's match at Yarrow Park against Dalbeattie Star has been cancelled due to unplayable pitch ( snow & ice )

@ScotLowlndLeagu: GAME ON: @Threave_Rovers v @officialEKFC has passed early morning inspection.

@whitehilwelfare: Whitehill Welfare v @ValeOfLeithenFC will be subject to the match referees inspection around 12.30/12.45pm. Lines being swept of snow.

It's had a light dusting. Some frost in places but nets going up and see what the referee says.

Lowland League

Edinburgh Uni v Edinburgh City

(12.15 inspection)

Gretna 2008 v Gala Fairydean

(2pm @ Annan Athletic)

Selkirk P Dalbeattie Star P

Spartans v BSC (Game ON)

Threave Rovers v East Kilbride (Game ON)

Whitehill Welfare v Vale of Leithen

(Subject to match referees pitch inspection)

Lowland League Cup

Stirling Uni v Preston

(No news good or bad)

Bright sunny day now with me, temperature's just shot-up and all the snow has gone, cars defrosted themselves, etc. Hope refs make sensible calls... in the wake of last night at Ibrox there will always be a temptation to caution, but if it's just a powder and it's not snowing/frozen then brush the lines and give it a go IMO.

Whitehill v Vale of Leithen ... Match referee has called it off.

Should of been called off at 9.30. No danger that game was being played today! Hats off to guys who tried to get it played, but surely an early postponement is better for travelling players ,commitee and fans is sensible in situation s like today.

Should of been called off at 9.30. No danger that game was being played today! Hats off to guys who tried to get it played, but surely an early postponement is better for travelling players ,commitee and fans is sensible in situation s like today.

I'm inclined to agree with you after all the hassle but just 2 teams desperate to get a game on. If it gets called off at half 9 you'll get as many saying the sun came out and the park was fine come kick off should have waited longer. Only 30 mins away Vale were happy to give it as long as possible and players had already taken time off work etc.

Now what's the forecast like for next week ... ?

There was only one hard bit on the far side the ref objected to. The rest of the park was in amazing nick by 1200.

There was only one hard bit on the far side the ref objected to. The rest of the park was in amazing nick by 1200.

Listen mate im all for getting games played, I would of played on that pitch yesterday.think refs hands are tied a bit with all the health and safety pish these days.

Archived