How much are Junior Clubs worth?

oneunited

Having an interesting debate today about the value of Junior Clubs and how much it would cost to buy one etc? All the talk and buy outs of Premiership clubs got me thinking how much are our Junior teams actually worth and how much they would be to buy them over - or can you not buy Junior Clubs?

Also, who would be the most valuable clubs in the Juniors?

My club Royal Albert priceless

Formed 1878 years of priceless memories

All the friends made from past and present players.

The laughs from away days in Scottish cup priceless.

All the friends made at other clubs.

Not everything is valued in money. The juniors is worth more than that.

you've just hit the nail right on the head, not everything can be measured in monetary value friendships and experiences are much more important.

What a brilliant post!

North Ayrshire Council own our ground but the club has the running of the park & maintain it also.

Running costs for a season is around £70k a year with everything being raised by gate money , the raffle , kitchen sales & hospitality on match days & fundraising like the weekly lotto , the 1901 club , sportsmans dinner & other functions nearly once a month . We even have an online shopping site where so much of what you spend online goes to the club & a tie in with Mcbookie where 12% of all account holders losing bets go to the club.

What I'm getting at is that the only reason these clubs exist is through hard work by a lot of people .

You can't buy that!!!!!

LADESIDE

North Ayrshire Council own our ground but the club has the running of the park & maintain it also.

Running costs for a season is around £70k a year with everything being raised by gate money , the raffle , kitchen sales & hospitality on match days & fundraising like the weekly lotto , the 1901 club , sportsmans dinner & other functions nearly once a month . We even have an online shopping site where so much of what you spend online goes to the club & a tie in with Mcbookie where 12% of all account holders losing bets go to the club.

What I'm getting at is that the only reason these clubs exist is through hard work by a lot of people .

You can't buy that!!!!!

LADESIDE

good post. Not like rob Roy who tried to buy everything a few years ago and paid ridiculous wages

good post. Not like rob Roy who tried to buy everything a few years ago and paid ridiculous wages

Knob !

So we don't have hard working folk at our club like every other junior club has ? We have a fundraiser club where folk pay money into it , we hold sportsman dinners , we have club lottos , raffles , supporters bus lotto , we have sponsors like all other clubs etc.

Couple of season we paid more than we ever had , now we are back to what we should be good local club , core of local boys , everyone playing for the shirt and fair wages for junior players.

We have been around for 137 years and will continue to do so because of the hard work folk put it , so don't try and make out we are not like every other club out there.

Rant over !

Knob !

So we don't have hard working folk at our club like every other junior club has ? We have a fundraiser club where folk pay money into it , we hold sportsman dinners , we have club lottos , raffles , supporters bus lotto , we have sponsors like all other clubs etc.

Couple of season we paid more than we ever had , now we are back to what we should be good local club , core of local boys , everyone playing for the shirt and fair wages for junior players.

We have been around for 137 years and will continue to do so because of the hard work folk put it , so don't try and make out we are not like every other club out there.

Rant over !

Well said Brian

You should join the committe to

LADESIDE

12% to clubs from McBookie on losing bets. That is a remarkable source of income. Is it open to all clubs?

McBookie offer the most comprehensive list available on the junior game and though I've always avoided phone betting, I could be tempted and would be a consolation for a bit of my losing bets went to help some junior club.

My west mate is similar about using the phone and thinks it's time McBookie expanded west'

Just how much does Ladcrook pay for using the junior fixtures?

Further to earlier post, it is maybe the clubs who DO own their grounds who are most vulnerable to a takeover. Not just Baillieston, the ground was actually stolen from them by a bunch of crooks. They had hopes of continuing but it came to nothing and they are now defunct.

Bellshill also, a developer full of promises, they did get a new ground which they did not own, thrown out a few years later, and now without a permanent home and little prospect of getting one.

The number of clubs who do actually own their grounds outright is rapidly diminishing, even those who play on council owned grounds are not safe; many are badly maintained and as they produce virtually no income for the councils are not likely to get anyn upgrading which many badly need.

And what about Lowland league sides coming along and making a better offer to the council for exclusiveb use of a ground, all in all, prospects are not rosy for our game.

I got me a bite.

Hopefully from a rabid dog.

Further to earlier post, it is maybe the clubs who DO own their grounds who are most vulnerable to a takeover. Not just Baillieston, the ground was actually stolen from them by a bunch of crooks. They had hopes of continuing but it came to nothing and they are now defunct.

Bellshill also, a developer full of promises, they did get a new ground which they did not own, thrown out a few years later, and now without a permanent home and little prospect of getting one.

The number of clubs who do actually own their grounds outright is rapidly diminishing, even those who play on council owned grounds are not safe; many are badly maintained and as they produce virtually no income for the councils are not likely to get anyn upgrading which many badly need.

And what about Lowland league sides coming along and making a better offer to the council for exclusiveb use of a ground, all in all, prospects are not rosy for our game.

Those clubs didn't have their grounds "stolen" from them, they were simply gullible enough to fall for people offering something too good to be true, and without bothering to seek independent advice. Part of the problem is that most Junior committees are not full of "captains of industry" types that would spot a shark a mile off, but ordinary Joes that are always the prey of petty conmen.

As you say, the number of clubs who completely own their own grounds are diminishing, and those which do are always vulnerable to those with motives other than football in mind - that's been the way since the days St Bernard's, Belfast Celtic & Third Lanark were killed off by ones wishing to cash in on land the value of which had rocketed. Pollok rebuffed the wooing by Tescos back in the 80s/90 - a wise move considering the way they attempted to stiff other clubs the moment the ink was dried (eg. Shrewsbury Town.).

Archived