help please...Car insurance

So I'm 20, last year I took out a policy with a black box in the car because it was cheap,due to renew on February 2nd, and my renewal price is 568, but it's set up to auto renew, but I can get it from aviva for 288 without a box.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether this'll be classed as not renewing,or cancelling. If it's cancelling I'll get charged a cancellation fee,plus a fee to get the box removed, and tbh I can't be ***** with that!

My insurance was with bell insurance if it helps?

If it's due for renewal in February and you don't renew that's just lapsing a policy and no cancellation fee will be due. No idea if they will charge you to remove the black box though if you lapse.

Mind and phone them up and tell them you are lapsing, just in case they auto renew the policy. Cancel direct debit too, if you pay that way.

It says if you choose not to renew then they will just remotely deactivate the box, I'll phone them later,just go into the bank and tell them what the story is to cancel the direct debit aye?

I would tell your current firm straight away, if you forget after cancelling the direct debit they'll be chasing you for the money.

Archived