What's the deal with notifications...?

Hey everyone, new user here... I joined yesterday, posted a couple of times, and have already encountered someone quoting me and asking questions. I've also received 2 beautiful "greenies". I was wondering what's the deal with notifications, as I got none to say I had been quoted or whatever. From what I can tell so far, the only way I know I'm being quoted and questioned, is if I happen to spot it mid-thread.

What kind of things do you get notificationalised about, and am I right in my above assumptions?

Many, many thanks for your generous help and good wishes.

May ALL of your teams win this weekend, by 5 goals each.

Ok, thanks Squirrel. So everything else that happens you pretty much find out for yourself, or miss, right?

Right.

You could use The Supras Method and use the search functionality to look for your username in folks' posts.

Hey everyone, new user here... I joined yesterday, posted a couple of times, and have already encountered someone quoting me and asking questions. I've also received 2 beautiful "greenies". I was wondering what's the deal with notifications, as I got none to say I had been quoted or whatever. From what I can tell so far, the only way I know I'm being quoted and questioned, is if I happen to spot it mid-thread.

What kind of things do you get notificationalised about, and am I right in my above assumptions?

Many, many thanks for your generous help and good wishes.

May ALL of your teams win this weekend, by 5 goals each.

Go on to your profile. Edit my profile. Go to Notification Options. Under the Topics & Posts header there should be: "Notify me when someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following)". Then tick whether you want to be notified on your notification list or by e-mail.

Go on to your profile. Edit my profile. Go to Notification Options. Under the Topics & Posts header there should be: "Notify me when someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following)". Then tick whether you want to be notified on your notification list or by e-mail.

Now we're talkin'. Have a green one. Thanks.

Archived