• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
gavin_3110

9 Dart Finish or 147 Break?

Which is harder, 9 dart finish or 147 break?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which is harder, 9 dart finish or 147 break?

• 9 Dart Finish
    • 147 Break

147 for me. Requires 36 shots whilst having to plan 2/3 shots ahead at any point in time.

Ronnie O'sullivan has 13 career 147s while Phil Taylor has had 11 in his career, in televised competitions.

I would suggest that a 9 darter is almost expected at a darts championship now - there have been 25 in televised events since 2007 which I think is a pretty impressive stat which suggests a 147 is more difficult.

Both, however, are sporting perfection and I think I could play for the rest of my life and never come close to either.

Would put a 9darter as marginally harder.

A 147 can be started by the other players poor break or shot setting the balls nicely for the break.

Not always the case but sometimes it is the start and momentum to get things going.

A 9 darter is 100% solo and cannot be affected by other player.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Definitely the 147 for me. Far more variables involved in a 147, the only thing that is the same every time you step up to the table is the location of the pockets. You could say there is an element of luck involved though when you split up the reds and stuff like that.

You have to keep "in the zone" and focused for much longer for the 147, but you don't get interrupted every few minutes. I voted 147 but I'm having doubts now.

I have been close to a 9 darter on 2 or 3 occasions. My highest break at snooker is 16 so I will say the 147 is harder.

I got a break of 9 at the snooker and had a 147 dart finish.

Both a piece of pish.

135 of those darts will have been for 1x. Easily the smallest area on the board :(

Haha, my favourite topic, there was an old thread on this from about 8 years ago that went in one of the culls, which ended up in one of the bitterest disputes I have seen on here that went on for months.

For the record, the correct answer is 9 dart finish. ;)

9 dart finish is basically muscle memory. I'd bet any Tom, Dick or Harry who'd done their 10,000 hours could complete one.

A 9 darter is 100% solo and cannot be affected by other player.

Not even if the other guy goes "MISS YA c**t"?

Definitely the 147 for me. Far more variables involved in a 147, the only thing that is the same every time you step up to the table is the location of the pockets. You could say there is an element of luck involved though when you split up the reds and stuff like that.

This.

Not even if the other guy goes "MISS YA c**t"?

That a Phil Taylor standard of good sportsmanship.........

Not sure if it's harder but I definetely have more admiration for someone who makes a 147. I think mainly for what's been touched on already about the variables, it requires you to think, adapt and be inventive. A 9 dart finish doesn't require any of that, it's the same every time.

On the other hand with a 147 you can get away with some misjudged shots - like poor positioning - but pot your way out if trouble. In that sense I doubt any 147 has ever been 'perfect' the way the player had planned to play every shot.

147 is infinitely harder but a 9 darter isn't the same every time there are quite a few ways to go.

147 is infinitely harder but a 9 darter isn't the same every time there are quite a few ways to go.

How many nine darters do not involve seven of the same shot (treble 60)? Obviously any of the nine darters made in the double start double finish competitions, but generally you see seven treble 20s hit and the last two are depending on the player's choice (but again the treble 19 and double 12 is the most popular route).

I would love to see someone do treble 20, treble 19 and Bull three times. Obviously switching three times in the same three darts increases the difficulty incredibly, but even though there is a few ways to go generally you do see the same pattern.

Ronnie O'sullivan has 13 career 147s while Phil Taylor has had 11 in his career, in televised competitions.

I didn't realise Taylor was so good at snooker!